Bicycle Experts HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bicycle Experts HELP!!!

Hello! Recently I had this idea of buying a bicycle for transportation and for fitness (to mix with running, because my feet are very stressed with all the pounding and I have often micro injuries). I think I want a bike without any suspensions, but the ones I search need the me to be bent over, which is uncomfortable, so front suspension is good. I need some models and brands to look for, not exceeding 300-350€. I don't want to compete in any races, but since I am in very good physical condition (I pedal around 40-42 km/h in a spinning bike with 50% of max resistance for about 45'-1 hour) I want to do a pretty solid workout, not just recreational... If someone could help me with a trekking bike or something without front suspension but maintaining an upright body position, that would be great..!
    P.S.: I know different countries have different brands. I live in Greece, but I think that international brands like Cube, etc are well known to all...

a front suspension won't necessarily make you sit more upright. If it is a longer fork for you are looking for, that just tilts the bike back and in combo with seat adjustment, it makes you sit more upright, but it also puts your feet more up front, making for less efficient pedalling.

Especially for budget bike you get more out of it if you just leave out the front suspension. What you are probably looking for is a diamond frame, with a standart seat angle, space for wider rims&tires and an adjustable stem, which allows you to lift the handlebars up. You can probably save some cash by having a simple shifting system, like a 1x drivetrain.

Sry I do not know any specific models.

Comment

GiorgosD ... or you could just replace the under-slung handle-bars with off-road style bars. What, in my youth, was "the only kind you could get".

Comment

Working...
      X