Share Your COVID Gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share Your COVID Gym

I know Gyms are opening back up in some places, but around the world people are having to work out at home.
    We do alot of body weight training on this site, but having a dedicated space helps me (and probably some of you) keep to a set routine.

I just spent the last week or so making a home gym out of a section of my basement:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Gym.jpg Views:	42 Size:	280.5 KB ID:	714909

We've got an 8x10' padded floor with a small selection of weights ranging from 3 to 20 lbs. A section for workout books (mostly printed from darebee) and a PC for getting new darebee stuff.
    I put a pull up bar in the joists above, but the wife couldnt reach it so I got a doorframe one too.
    The shelf(table) for books doubles as a great spot to do dips or incline/decline pushups. The ladder can do this job too, aswell as help short people reach the big pullup bar
    It's even got a bicyle for cardio.
    I have ordered a punching bag, but it has not come in yet

I also taped a bunch of sheet protectors around the walls and put several of my favorite darebee workouts in them. They can easily be swapped out as my needs change.

Out of camera view, there is a big batman shower curtain separating the gym from the laundry facilities lol.

Show off what you have to work out with, even if its just a rug in your living room
    Attached Files

Mine is not so much of a COVID gym, but just the exercise room that I put together since moving in, though the timing was nice in this sense, as it happened about three and a half months before things went haywire.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200724_123322.jpg Views:	5 Size:	1,015.1 KB ID:	715042

These two corners mostly have the stuff that we don't use so much and get in the way of the table tennis balls that don't hit the table. There are a couple of chairs for when we need a chair for a workout, and pillows for the pillow fight workout. On top of the wardrobe are various sports balls and a few frisbees. Also we have the piece of cloth that was used as a veil for a bellydancing workout (once) and the black piece of fleece that we use as a blindfold when required. We keep the exercise ball in the wardrobe because we don't use it very much, and it is a favourite of the toddler when he joins us, so easier just to leave it in there. The combat ropes are visible behind as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200724_123335.jpg Views:	5 Size:	975.9 KB ID:	715043

Looking into the room from this corner. The table tennis table takes up a lot of the footprint of the exercise room, but that is fine because we use it a lot. Also punching bag is visible, dart board behind it. The jump box that I built is there with a bunch of weights on it and pullup bar is visible just to the left of frame at the top. There are also some flippers there that I was going to use for figuring out the dolphin stroke when I was swimming, but never did, and keep around as a reminder to do that sometime. Also from this angle can see the weighted hula hoop in the back, yoga blocks and foam rollers, bosu ball knock off, two of the three Darebee walls, and the two big floor coverings that we use. I use the black one of the left more often, my wife uses the one on the right.
    The room is in a pre-cleanup phase at the moment.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200724_123356.jpg Views:	5 Size:	554.0 KB ID:	715044

A look at the "primary" exercise area. We use the tv for either the Wii or hook up the computer to the screen. From here you can see the gaffelhangen rod at the wall behind the Wii (never really used, but plan to in the coming months), our bo staffs above the tv,, the katana's hilt is visible right behind them, the Just Dance series, and some racquets that we never use.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200724_123411.jpg Views:	5 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	715045

here is the bookcase that I use to store all the other stuff. Weight vest and some weights are visible at bottom right, water jugs for improvised weights, boxing gloves, juggling balls, ankle weights, resistance bands, floor sliders, cans of chef boyardee (these are exercise equipment!), a grip strength trainer, and some rope.

Comment

Wow, your rooms are so cool! I have to take pictures of mine tomorrow and post them too. I have a spare room in my house I dedicated to the gym long before COVID: I have a bench, a rack, a standalone heavy bag, a treadmill and a station for pull-ups, dips ecc...

Comment

I don't have room for anything like this... but you guys are inspiring me to maybe at LEAST dedicate a corner of my apartment to my yoga mat. I'm more likely to actually do yoga every day if I don't have to constantly pull everything out, after all.

Comment

This is my pre-covid home gym... sorry I didn't tidy up properly before taking pictures

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1248.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	516.6 KB
ID:	715516Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1249.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	505.3 KB
ID:	715517
          Attached Files

Comment

While I can't call it my COVID gym since I've been working on it for years this is my home gym (most of it, some is out of the photo).

Name:	20200727_092503.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	349.7 KB
ID:	715757

Comment

Azercord - That vacuum is a prime piece of equipment

Comment

Baston extremely versatile. Single arm push/pull with adjustable resistance (just turn up the suction, sled pull with the tank, and battle ropes with the cord. Best piece of equipment in there Plus my wife likes to make sure I'm well trained on it.

Comment

This is more or less it:

A bench with three sets of dumbbells under it, and a small blue and green mat on one end, in front of a window
                  Bought the bench at the tail end of March, since prior to COVID I had been doing most of my workouts in the server room at lunchtime. (With permission from my boss and from the chief compliance officer.) There's also a rolled-up mat that isn't in the picture. The center dumbbells are set for 35 pounds each, as I don't have more plates than that at home. The little green things on the right are one-pounders I bought ages ago for use with punching moves, but I've never really weighted my punches at this point, and there's a resistance band with them that... I don't know how much resistance it puts up but I bought it multiple years ago for archery exercises. When I'm doing bench presses or what have you I put the bench in the middle of the floor instead of against the window, but it's at its current position because this room is also my home office and my sewing room.

The green and blue thing isn't for me. As you can probably guess from the dishes, the cat comes in here regularly. The mat was a gauge swatch of mitered square knitting techniques with bulky yarn. She likes sitting on it. I move the mat when I need the bench.

Comment

I've numbered to be easier...

1 - The Hall
                    2 - The Office
                    3- The Living Room
                    4- The Bedroom
                    5- The Dining Room
                    6 - Gym

Name:	room.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	716536‚Äč

Comment

Ha, love it.

Comment

Me too

Comment

one vantage about it is because before I go to the office, I must pass by the gym, also before I go to bed!!

hahahahaha

Comment

danilojromero don't sell yourself short, I see that TV - 7. In home theater. I don't miss the dorm days but you are doing great with what you have.

Comment

Wanting to do some exercise, any place is good. It doesn't matter how much space there is

Let me bring here a similar thread where some bees have posted their working-out places a few months ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X