any hockey players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any hockey players

i love the game but theclosest i got was helping my nephew train for junior hockey
    if you play are you open ice or are you a goalie.

I played for 10-15 years as a mostly a defenseman. Are you just starting out?

Comment

nope I had my time helping my nephew shooting pucks at him 10 years and throwing tennis balls at him while he faced the wall to help his reflex to catch.
      im 51 now still love the game.
      and maybe if louisville had adult club hockey I might, for now Iam happy riding my GSXR.

Comment

I see, yeah goalies are a whole different breed, lol! I stopped playing when my first kid was born so its been a good ten years since I have skated consistently. I still love playing the game too and hopefully I can get back to it someday.

Comment

guibo94 bet you don't miss the suicide drills.

Comment

Originally posted by LoganG69 View Post
            guibo94 bet you don't miss the suicide drills.
            It's been so long, I still miss it all, haha!!! It's funny you mentioned that because I found out many years later that I am a "breath holder" when I am concentrating really hard. My teammates and line mates would constantly ask me if my mouth guard was blocking my air, or why I was always breathing noticeably heavier after shift and at first I was like, man I must be working super hard. It turned out that after I started doing more yoga and deep breathing exercises, I started to notice my breathing for the first time on the ice and that's when I finally figured it out. I was holding breath, subconsciously, when I needed to increase my concentration and focus. So long story short, suicides might not have been so bad if I could go back and do them again and actually breath properly, lol!

Comment

LOL, and I think the Redwings need to so a lot more because they have been sucking so bad.
              p.s. yes I'm A wings fan.have been since the 1980's.

Comment

I am sadly a Wings fan too. Despite living in Texas, my mother's family is from the Detroit area so I grew up with plenty of M-Go-Blue and Let's-Go-Red-Wings. They had a really good run before these past few years so I guess it's time to start rebuilding again. I was really sad to see them leave The Joe too, but I did get to watch a few games there over the years when we visited during the season.

Comment

as soon as they get rid a jeff blashell we will be good.

Comment

I don't think Blashell is the problem. They are rebuilding and it takes time to develop young guys like Larkin and Bertuzzi, but they also need to more depth. I don't think anyone could do better with the current team, but maybe a bigger name coach could draw in more high caliber veterans, but if Stevie Y approves of Blashell, I do to.

Comment

the "greek freak" Chris Chelios or todd bertuzzi might be able to get the team up to speed.
                      but I would love to see someone like scotty bowman come in.

Comment

Working...
                      X