lgbt+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, y’all, I’m more elderly (57) than you, AnnieW, and bi with husb, grown step kid, my own kid and a grand kiddo, but tons of experience on both sides of the streetNice to see all you kids here, being friendly! It’s great to have another safe space in the Hive

Comment

I guess I am a +. I would be bi if I weren't an ace. I identify as female, but not femme. I am also elderly-ish, at 59

Comment

lorrwill Welcome to the HIVE

Comment

Originally posted by lorrwill View Post
          I guess I am a +. I would be bi if I weren't an ace. I identify as female, but not femme. I am also elderly-ish, at 59
          I hope that doesn't sound weird, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you please explain?

And, of course, welcome to the Hive

Comment

Of course. LGBT+, where in the + includes Queer/Questioning, Asexual, Non Binary, and host of other things that are not straight, or strictly male or female.
            I include myself in the queer group as an asexual (aka "ace") and were I into touching, I have no gender preference, therefore bisexual (b).

Comment

Welcome lorrwill! Good to see you here!

Comment

SwimmerEnby888 unitcircle Did you see that there are more gender options now? Yay!

Comment

With the new options, comes a question of the proper pronouns someone should use... maybe an insider could clear the cloud for me, please...?

Comment

HellYeah There’s a difference between personal and general use. For personal use, just ask the person how they like to be addressed: “Hi AnnieW, what pronoun do you prefer?”

For general use in English I think it’s most accepted to use “they” as a pronoun and avoid or circumvent words ending in -man or -woman or occupation names that are gender specific (fireman -> firefighter; stewardess -> flight attendant).

Every language has it’s own problems with the use of gender and the way to address genders, standardized language always being more conservative than society. I guess in German it’s really hard to make everything gender neutral.

Comment

Thx AnnieW, thx for your post. I am interested in the personal use, for example: she/he/... wrote....
                      ​​​​​
                      There is always a workaround, or just the use of the name... and maybe that is the best way to do it... but I was just interested... if there is a general solution...

Comment

HellYeah the fast and easy way is using “they”. So if you aren’t 100% on the gender say: “AnnieW made a post yesterday. They wrote about their experience in .... something.”

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieW View Post
                          HellYeah the fast and easy way is using “they”. So if you aren’t 100% on the gender say: “AnnieW made a post yesterday. They wrote about their experience in .... something.”
                          I would not have expected that, it sounds very unfamiliar... interesting!

Comment

AWESOME! This thread is new for me since I haven't been here for a while. Representing the B over here.

Just found out by reading the rest of the thread that this is basically why we now have more gender options, Nice!

Comment

Warlock welcome to the thread!

Comment

Hey fellow Duchie, AnnieW !

Comment

Working...
                                X