FitBit or other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FitBit or other?

This question is two-fold. First, do you think it important or necessary to use a FitBit (or alternative)? Secondly, what kind do you own?

I don't own either of those gadgets. I used to have a heart rate monitor that was required for cardiac rehab after having cardiac issues. Now the battery died...so I just go by how I feel. I have been working out for many years, so I can tell how hard I am working and when to back off.

Comment

I just use the step counter on my phone (Samsung) and the Wii Fit to track my weight. Though I don't think many people still use the Wii Fit.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
        I just use the step counter on my phone (Samsung) and the Wii Fit to track my weight. Though I don't think many people still use the Wii Fit.
        I use Samsung, too. I don't know but I feel like it's not accurate.

Comment

kandy I get that feeling as well, but it still gives a general idea of my activity for a day, which is really what I am after. I am mostly concerned with how many thousand steps I get in, not the exact number.

Comment

I would say it depends on what you want out of it and how numbers driven you are. I have a garmin that you would have to take off my cold dead arm. It works great; step counter, heart rate monitor (not as responsive as a strap but good 24hr coverage), some smart watch features, great for trail running (I get lost easily), great for tracking mileage, good for running programs, great app support.

They are definitely a want and not a need but they are nice and you can get attached easily. List what you want it to do and then go from there.

Comment

Working...
            X