Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which program was the hardest for you ?

Hey there !

It's been 11 days since I started 30 days of change with 2 of my buddies and it is going great ! The programs are well balanced and I can already see changes in my endurance and strength !

But here is the real question "what was the hardest program you tried and why ?" Is time an issue for you or just the level was too high ? I want to know a bit more about your experiences with darebee's program !

Other than that, I hope you doing great and that you're training hard !

​​

Welcome Zimbou and buddies. I can think of several that were challenging, but I have to go with Avatar Upgrade. That one was pretty tough at the time I did it. I'm currently doing Boxer Prime, and I think it's a little easier than AvUp.

Comment

Originally posted by Shikari View Post
      Welcome Zimbou and buddies. I can think of several that were challenging, but I have to go with Avatar Upgrade. That one was pretty tough at the time I did it. I'm currently doing Boxer Prime, and I think it's a little easier than AvUp.
      Really? Boxer Prime looks harder to me.

Zimbou Welcome. Nice that you are enjoying the program. I haven't done that many, but from what I have done Power Up is the toughest.

Comment

Power Cardio The High Burn and Abs days where ok. But the Power Burn days (Day 27 !!!) took pretty much all I had to give.

Comment

kandy , it's an interesting question, for sure. My gut response is that punches are "easier" than "kicks," all other things being =>

But to get at the core of it, I compared both programs side by side to see maybe why. My criterion was: what it would take for you to max out everything, go hardcore level 3 and complete all extras. That was my overall aim going into both programs.

There are no extras in Boxer Prime and most of the days are either time related exercises or relatively lower reps (30 vs 40).

​​​​​​​For Avatar Upgrade, there were typically the same # of sets, but I think higher #s of reps. Plus there were the "extras" and the Gravity + and ++ additions.

That's the only way I compared them. If you look at just the basic core activities, they might be about the same. 😇

Comment

Hero's Journey was tough and I didn't complete it when I tried a few years ago. The high numbers of pushups to failure too much at the time I was doing it, along with the time and energy it took some days. I'd like to try it again some day though, maybe early next year.

Comment

Shikari The way I see it is if you are even able to complete the day, because my fitness level isn't that high. My impression is that in Avatar Upgrade most of the days are pretty hard, but in Boxer Prime a lot of the days are just straight impossible to complete.

There is extra credit (no rest) in Boxer Prime.

Comment

Either Military Fit or Boxer Prime

Comment

Military Fit was pretty rough overall (especially with the add-on) but fun Avatar Upgrade Day 18 is the single hardest workout I've done by far though.

Comment

Of the ones I've done, keeping in mind that I'm only just now doing a level 4 training program (HIIT Advanced)?

Probably Combat HIIT. It was a lot of fun, but most of the HIIT workouts were around 30 to 40 minutes long, especially on higher training levels on the individual days. It was a pretty intense test of endurance at the time (I'd probably suggest someone wanting to try out HIIT do 30 Days of HIIT first at least, if not both 30 Days of HIIT and Advanced HIIT before going onto Combat HIIT if they aren't already pretty skilled).

Comment

You are right kandy . I forgot about the EC no breaks in BP. Hmmm... I'm going to have to try get with that. .That might make me change my mind. But so far, based on my experience, I think Avatar Upgrade is more difficult.
                      ​​​​
                      Just for fun(?), I looked back at my check in thread from when I started Avatar Upgrade:
                      ​​​​​​
                      "Today was one of the harder workouts. Avatar Upgrade, card 5 -- level 3 is "One baaaad ". Seriously... It's tough. As I said somewhere else. It's 60 second exercises x 9, then up to 2 minutes rest, then x 7 sets if you're interested in doing level 3 (like gluttonous me)."

I agree with what Azercord said, day 18 of Avatar Upgrade was even more challenging than card 5

Comment

Shikari I took a look at Avatar Upgrade day 18, wow that's insane What if you have tons of endurance? You might end up spending 2 hours on this one workout.

Now I think one of the reasons why I think Avatar Upgrade is easier is the exercises. I will have an easier time doing those in Avatar Upgrade. I am bad at rope jumping and push ups, and doing endless punches is not my thing.

Comment

kandy my first round on day 18 was 45 minutes, my final round was less than 5. While it does take some time commitment it will burn you out fast.

Comment

kandy , don't let card 18 stop you. AvU is non linear, so you can do that one at the very end of the program or do it tomorrow, whatever works best for you.

I didn't time my rounds for card 18, but I recall however long it took, each following set took a lot less. Also, I didn't extend my arms until muscle failure. I thought that was a little extra, so I think I quit that at like 2 or 3 minutes.

Exercising to the point of muscle failure isn't usually my thing. I like to have a more concrete goal. Just MHO.

Comment

Also, I forgot to say, no equipment needed for BP, so I don't jump rope, I just jump on the spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X