Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far can I push myself?

Hey bees, I wanted to ask: how far could I push myself? sometimes I want to do more, but feel like I may be pushing myself to far. I get at least almost all of the sleep I need. I also eat a lot, but a good amount of it is somewhat healthy, or high in nutritional value, and I think I eat at least 30-40 grams of protein a day. I am 16 btw.

I am mostly asking how much I can push myself to still get positive affect, because I know over working out can cause your body to burn muscle, and I do not want that.

Comment

Most recommendations I’ve seen for protein are .7-1g/lb of body weight, or of lean body weight (for people like myself with a lot of weight to lose). So for starters you could eat more protein.

As for how far you can can push yourself, I’d say you won’t know until you try. Train smart, dial in your nutrition, avoid injury, reach for the stars. What do you want to achieve?

Comment

mostly to be able to do more. to be able to do the most with my body

Comment

Pushing past your limits is a state of mind and doesn't really matter what you eat, though the better your nutrition the better your initially be.

Comment

well, I do know this Kakarot, but i do believe I'll have to figure out how far I can go

Comment

I'm no expert but from what I understand you think of your limit and then go past it, for example:

Lets say you can do 20 strict, chest to floor push ups. Do you stop at 20? Or push for 21. If you are still standing go for 22. Rest 5 - 10 minutes then do it again but aim for 23.

Does that make sense? It's more of a strength endurance example.

Comment

that does, i think of going past your limits as doing more than you think you can, which this pretty much says.

Comment

Working...
                X