Doing an Obstacle Race? Need Advice? I'm Here to Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing an Obstacle Race? Need Advice? I'm Here to Help!

Hey everyone! I hope the training is going well

I decided to make this thread to aid people in their first time Obstacle Races or OCR for short. Or you've done a few now and want to know how to improve I can help with any question you want From how to climb a rope to preparing your kit for the race. Post your questions and I will be happy to help out

Have fun bees!

What a nice guy here.

Comment

Can people do obstacle courses without having to compete against others? Like not as a race I mean.
      I don’t know of any courses around where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedwiga View Post
        Can people do obstacle courses without having to compete against others? Like not as a race I mean.
        I don’t know of any courses around where I live.
        Absolutely I normally race against myself. OCR is mostly about just getting to the finish line I never do it to compete, I do it to participate

But there are others like Tristan Steed (The OCR Unicorn) who is an OCR Athlete and they race to win

If you message me the area you live I can look up a few course if you like

Comment

I have never done one and I kind of want to try. Do you have any recommendations good for beginners?

Comment

Originally posted by eyedoono View Post
            I have never done one and I kind of want to try. Do you have any recommendations good for beginners?
            Certainly! Definitely set aside at least 12 weeks before your first race so you can focus on training your running. If you are doing a 5k race focus on able to run 10k that way you have energy in the tank for obstacles. If you are doing a Spartan definitely get your burpees up to scratch. And finally build up your upper body strength with chin ups and pull ups as there will be alot of monkey bars.

But the most important thing of all is to have fun! Don't panic if you can't do an obstacle, you can just jog past most of the time; but give them a try at least, that way if you want to do another race you know what to train and practice on

Definitely start on maybe Spartan Race SPRINT or any other 5k OCRs in your area that way you can build on doing longer races in the future. If you message me where you live. I can look up a few OCRs in your area that might suit you

Comment

Working...
            X