Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is hard!! (Just venting)

So ive finally decided to get serious about my health and fitness and its wayyyy more MIND then matter.. Pray for me yall...

If you give us some specifics as to what is exactly hard, we can give you some suggestions to make this journey easier and a bit more fun.

Comment

Oh Lord ! please bless Try2cmycatagain to have strong determination and will to never slack off, to give each workout her very best effort everyday for the rest of her life. We pray from now on that her diet will be pure natural food.

Comment

KalePower ... seriously? Just getting into it is HARD! It gets easier once working out has become a habit, but getting there? Wow.

Comment

Try2cmycatagain It took me awhile to get started on my first program and then I had to convince myself every day for the first week or so to do the exercises. Even with 2 programs under my belt, and a few Daily Dares, there are still days when I just have to bull through. It does get easier, but not being a fitness nut, we have to discipline ourselves to do what we know we have to do.

Hang in there. Have a blessed day.

Comment

I'd say start light (somewhere between one warmup daily and one workout). If you haven't been moving much, stretching and moving will start fixing a lot of things (muscles, lymph drainage, etc) that get mucked up from being mostly sedentary. A program is also a good way but can be more overwhelming.

The baby step approach worked for me and I was loving it by roughly 2 weeks. I've read in forums that 19 days makes a habit. I worry now about how hard I am "working out" but when beginning ONLY worried about how consistently I was moving (daily warmups).

I can also read my body better now after ~30 days so I know when to push or if I need to scale back a bit.

Comment

It's really a good idea to start out small like oneironaut suggested. Maybe do a warm up and a lighter a workout. I'd suggest you test out your fitness level, you can even use that as your one workout for the day. Then use that fitness level to figure out what kind of workouts you should focus on (if they should be easier or harder). Use the opportunity of the first few weeks to try out different versions of workouts like yoga and HIIT and combat. While it's not imperative, it is extremely helpful to find something that genuinely excites you.

I find that fitness is easier than altering food intake, especially if you have a more extreme meal plan than is easy to cook for all the time... But also once I started working out, it's a lot easier to make healthier food choices because when you put in that kind of work, you really don't want to lose all your progress over decisions that really didn't need to be considered... Or at least, I don't.

Comment

Working...
              X