Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you work out?

So, a few days ago, I looked into that thread, titled "Where do you work out?". I liked the idea, and today while exercising, another question got on my mind: "When do other people actually work out?". And, welp, this thread is here for this one purpose; answering that question.

To answer that myself, I'm so inconsistent it looks like a joke whenever I think about it

Today, I exercised early in the afternoon, while yesterday it was the moment I got up from bed. Sometimes, it's also ranging from midnight to 4 in the morning! It's so dumb haha

Comment

I have been going to my apartment buildings Fitness Centre at about 8am everyday almost. I did Yoga everyday early this year then had a knee injury and seem to be good enough to get back into that maybe 3 days a week at noon. I also practice Tai Chi randomly and it involves sword and sabre. I walk everyday outside.

I bought a 13 visit pass for Yoga, see how that goes with my knee, it's only dodgy if I try a full lotus pose.

Comment

I'm currently doing the Totals program, so the answer is 'all day long'. But when I do a program with "real" workouts, I usually work out between 10 or 11 PM. I always want to train earlier in the day, but somehow, regardless of what I do, it's always late in the evening

Comment

Usually shortly after I wake up around 4 AM Darebee workouts. They later after work a walk or bicycle ride.

Comment

This is actually a good question to bring up.

I can only speak for me, of course, but I try on most days to get my workouts off after breakfast. I am finding from experience that the later the day gets, the harder it becomes to get myself to make time to get the workout in. It's hard for me to describe...maybe we should call it a "make sure I don't panic about whether it comes off" kind of thing (because I am prone to panicking about a lot of things).

There isn't generally a "best" time to work out to my knowledge -- which is quite limited -- but I did read once for your purposes that the best time to work out is when you know you're going to do so. But if finding a consistent time is an issue, there really isn't anything wrong with your workout times going hither and yon. Even I have days when I have to place my workout somewhere I initially didn't intend to because my heart just wasn't in it at that moment.

Comment

usually, you don't want to workout roughly 2 hours before bed, because it takes a bit for your body to relax and get off of exercise mode, because remember working out are our more sophisticated human ways to get stronger, so when we workout, our body is thinking we are either working to make something, or running away from something, so your body need time to cool down, although I will admit I am one to talk, because I don't usually follow this rule lol

Comment

Oh, I see! It's quite interesting, do you remember where you have read that Scaredandscarred?

Thank you for the tip haha IWillGoSuperSaiyan , since my sleep cycles have been mayhem for quite a long period of time I guess it can help explain a few things

Comment

Due to my habbit of being terrible at coming out of bed, I get home late.
                  Eat late, so I work out late!

Mostly done eating at 7 ish, wait an hour, and then add half an hour to one and a half ontop of that.
                  That's when I can find the energy, motivation and calm enough stomach to do my workouts.
                  so 8 to 9:30 pm or 20:00, 21:30 is when I start.

I find it easier and more of a rythm I can adhere to than weekends, where I eat more irregular and I can't find the motivation oftentimes. (I logged 37 hours on MK11 from thursday till sunday =X )
                  The few free hours I have for bed are short enough to not dedicate them to something that requires a lot of consecutive time.
                  So it somewhat ''forces me'' to workout as the most effective and useful appliance of available time ^^

Comment

I usually workout at 2:30pm or 3:00pm, because it's after lunch and I've already had enough rest.
                    After that I take a shower, eat something and it's already time to go to school.

I read somewhere that there are certain times of the day when certain hormones are more active than others, and if you exercise at that time, it brings more benefit depending on your objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Basura Nephilim View Post
                      I logged 37 hours on MK11 from thursday till sunday =X )
                      My gaming bro, that's how you do it! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Comment

I work out when I can. I have a full-time job with odd hours, three kids under 6 years of age, and a variety of other responsibilities. So one day I'm running at 5:45 am, the next I'm lifting at 10:00 pm, I'll be doing push-ups at 1:00 pm or taking a Pilates class when I can sneak in the class. It depends on whatever else is going on but I always make time.

Comment

Since my biorhythm is completely messed up at the moment (for example I went to bed at 12pm and woke up an hour ago...) there are no fixed hours for anything for me. If I do work out (and that´s a very big IF right now) it´s can be anytime from 10am to 5pm to 3am.

Comment

Lunchtime, usually. Some days, after work and before going home. On weekends, after 1 but before eating.

Comment

I wake up at 5:40am and try to start working out by 6am. With 3 kids, its the best time for me to get it in!

Comment

Working...
                              X