Which is more effective doing HIIT or 10k steps a day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is more effective doing HIIT or 10k steps a day?

They said HIIT burns more calories same with the 10k steps. Which is more effective in losing weight?

I have free time in the morning and free time after office. I do HIIT in the morning and then walking from office to home where I able to reach 10k steps. If I do HIIT every other day (with 24 hrs rest) then doing 10k steps everyday, will it be over for my body?

Im 5 ft and 56 kgs.

Im just worried I was just lose 2 kgs in 1 month. That maybe the cause my body was too tired of workout. But I dont feel over tired actually. I have pain in the knees after walking.

This articles perhaps can help you:
    https://darebee.com/fitness/hiit-benefits.html
    https://darebee.com/fitness/how-to-lose-weight.html
    https://darebee.com/fitness/losing-weight.html
    https://darebee.com/fitness/how-to-l...your-body.html

My opinion is: keep going, find something that work for you, enjoy training and listen to Your body, go fast and go slow according to it
    HIIT is very effettive but you can't do it every day, not at Your maximum, to be a really HIIT Workout you have to do Your maximum, so you can Train 3-4 Times per week at least or Your body cannot rest enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Fremen View Post
      This articles perhaps can help you:
      https://darebee.com/fitness/hiit-benefits.html
      https://darebee.com/fitness/how-to-lose-weight.html
      https://darebee.com/fitness/losing-weight.html
      https://darebee.com/fitness/how-to-l...your-body.html

My opinion is: keep going, find something that work for you, enjoy training and listen to Your body, go fast and go slow according to it
      HIIT is very effettive but you can't do it every day, not at Your maximum, to be a really HIIT Workout you have to do Your maximum, so you can Train 3-4 Times per week at least or Your body cannot rest enough.
      Thank you, Freeman Actually Im doing HIIT (25mins) every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Other article says, I can do HIIT then LISS after. Walking is the example of LISS. Im just worried why I just lose 2kgs only for 6 weeks doing HIIT, LISS and Strength training. ☹ My friend who are doing the modified program but she's heavier than me 62kgs and 5'4, now shes 55kgs but shes not doing HIIT and strength training. She just walked 60mins every day. 🙁

Comment

alesca you are toning Your body not only loosing fat
        More weight you have to loose easier is to loose kg, this is why Your friend loose more kg

Comment

Freeman aaaahhhh so yes she was able to shed some kgs but her skin wasnt toned! It will soon become flabby?

This is my current program:

Mon - HIIT in the morning; Walking in the evening
          Tue - Upper body (Biceps and Triceps) + Abs in the morning; Walking in the evening
          Wed - HIIT in the morning OR Walking in the evening
          Thur - Upper body (Chest, Shoulder and Back) + Glutes, Calves in the morning; Walking in the evening
          Fri - HIIT in the morning; walking in the evening
          Sat and Sun - REST

I have a flabby arms but I started to do strength training (5lbs) same with cardio. I hope Im on the right track. 🤞

Comment

Originally posted by alesca View Post
            Im just worried why I just lose 2kgs only for 6 weeks doing HIIT, LISS and Strength training. ☹ My friend who are doing the modified program but she's heavier than me 62kgs and 5'4, now shes 55kgs but shes not doing HIIT and strength training. She just walked 60mins every day. 🙁
            First thing is consistency. Do what you can stick to.

Second, your ability to lose weight is directly related to your current weight. A heavier person will have a greater ability to lose weight than a lighter person. As you lose weight, you become lighter and lighter, also decreasing your ability to lose further weight.

Third thing is intensity. HIIT, by its name and definition, is of higher intensity than walking, pretty much at any speed with a comparable workout duration. Higher intensity will yield different and greater results.

I have a flabby arms but I started to do strength training (5lbs) same with cardio. I hope Im on the right track. 🤞
            If you generally can move weights heavier than 5 pounds (groceries?), you won't see much progress doing arm exercises with 5 pounds (except in movements/exercises in which you are particularly weak [lateral raise?]). Remember, intensity.

Comment

To lose weight you need to have a calories deficit,15-20% is a good number,so try to burn more than you eat.
              You wrote that you have pain in the knees after walking,are you sure that you have not injuire with your workouts?maybe you need to have more rest.
              Also 5kgs is a good weight for women and weight lifting to start,some workouts of darebee as armory+ need 2-3 kgs dumbells https://darebee.com/workouts/armory-plus-workout.html
              Also you may consinder the training plans of darebee
              https://darebee.com/training-plans.html

Comment

Originally posted by dynamomelano View Post

First thing is consistency. Do what you can stick to.

Second, your ability to lose weight is directly related to your current weight. A heavier person will have a greater ability to lose weight than a lighter person. As you lose weight, you become lighter and lighter, also decreasing your ability to lose further weight.

Third thing is intensity. HIIT, by its name and definition, is of higher intensity than walking, pretty much at any speed with a comparable workout duration. Higher intensity will yield different and greater results.

If you generally can move weights heavier than 5 pounds (groceries?), you won't see much progress doing arm exercises with 5 pounds (except in movements/exercises in which you are particularly weak [lateral raise?]). Remember, intensity.
                Hmmm.... Thanks, dynamomelano I thought 5lbs is for beginners. So whats the recommended weights for my arms? Actually since Ive used 5lbs, I can say its now lighter than the 1st time I used it. Perhaps this is the best time to increase the weights but I only have 6lbs for now.

Hence, Id go for HIIT than 10k steps because Im having a knee and foot sole pain most of the days. I kept asking myself will HIIT is enough to lose weight aside from strength training. It was too short something like that. Do I need to add an low impact aerobics or whatever?

Comment

alesca, this will help you:

How to lose weight

How To Build Quality Muscle

How to lose weight & gain muscle

If the HIIT workout seems too short, then add other workouts, challenges, programs, daily dares, anything, to increase the duration to what you want it to be. Something like one hour of that 3 times a week is pretty hard core.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar View Post
                    To lose weight you need to have a calories deficit,15-20% is a good number,so try to burn more than you eat.
                    You wrote that you have pain in the knees after walking,are you sure that you have not injuire with your workouts?maybe you need to have more rest.
                    Also 5kgs is a good weight for women and weight lifting to start,some workouts of darebee as armory+ need 2-3 kgs dumbells https://darebee.com/workouts/armory-plus-workout.html
                    Also you may consinder the training plans of darebee
                    https://darebee.com/training-plans.html
                    @Avatar

I will read these links. Thank you. But, dumbells in kgs? 😳 Im using 5lbs 😁

Comment

alesca, this will help you:

How to lose weight

How To Build Quality Muscle

How to lose weight & gain muscle

If the HIIT workout seems too short, then add other workouts, challenges, programs, daily dares, anything, to increase the duration to what you want it to be. Something like one hour of that 3 times a week is pretty hard core.
                      Ive read so many articles that HIIT must not exceeded to 30 minutes. Thats why I did not do it twice a day and I said the its too short 😅

Comment

alesca ... why are you looking to exercise for "weight loss"? The easier way is to eat less - or less useless calories (sweet things).

Comment

Ive read so many articles that HIIT must not exceeded to 30 minutes. Thats why I did not do it twice a day and I said the its too short 😅
                          You don't have to do more than 30 minutes of HIIT; that would be brutal in most cases. But the thing is that you can combine it with resistance training or cardio. It's about sending as many calories as possible and/or eating as few calories as possible. The eating part is pretty effective, not because exercise is not, but because it is easier NOT to eat 100 kcalories than to spend 100 kcalories through exercise. So do what works.

Comment

@Avatar

I will read these links. Thank you. But, dumbells in kgs? 😳 Im using 5lbs 😁
                            5 kgs is about 11 pounds.
                            The weight is depending the exercise,you use dumbbells onle for arm exercises?
                            I do also some days HIIT from darebee and I thing it is ok to do 12-13' as they are intense.
                            If you have level 2 or level 3 you may do 5 or 7 sets if you have the stamina
                            Also as amateurs I thing it is ok to exercise for 10-20' per day,there is a program of darebee "epic five" with only 5' workouts

Comment

You don't have to do more than 30 minutes of HIIT; that would be brutal in most cases. But the thing is that you can combine it with resistance training or cardio. It's about sending as many calories as possible and/or eating as few calories as possible. The eating part is pretty effective, not because exercise is not, but because it is easier NOT to eat 100 kcalories than to spend 100 kcalories through exercise. So do what works.
                              dynamomelano Thats the most difficult part, eating less But Im trying SO HARD.

Ye, some articles saying HIIT + Low impact cardio such as walking. I think I get it now why Im still fat. The eating part is causing a problem.

What is the recommended calories I must burn in a day to lose weight? It can be as higher as 700? What ive noticed the average calories that I can burn is around 400 to 500... if only 500 then I must eat less than 500 calories... I will starve myself to death...

Comment

Working...
                              X