Any ideas how to stick to my diet and lose my little Belly fat?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas how to stick to my diet and lose my little Belly fat?

I'm trying to lose my little belly fat ! i just started my diet 2 weeks ago, i've lost 5 Ib in 3 days of running only. my weight was 135 Ib and now my weight is 130 Ib. Any advises ?
    Last edited by Elias_Saleh; February 13th, 2019, 07:04 PM. Reason: More Info

On May last year I decided to eat sweets only on weekends. It is easier then I thought, and I definitely eat less of them.

Comment

Try having a read on the articles in the fitness section.
      Like this one: https://darebee.com/fitness/last-ten-pounds.html
      or this: https://darebee.com/fitness/how-to-g...the-belly.html

The general thing is that you cannot target your belly fat but lose overall Body fat.
      To achieve that the steps are: eat less and exercise more. Simple, but hard.

Try to eat more protein in your diet. That will satiate you more and longer.
      Also do not only depend on running alone. Though cardio is the common way to loose weight, you should also consider some strength excercise to build muscle.
      Musle is leaner and burns fat just to maintain itself.

Also you will look more defined.

Comment

Hey- welcome to Darebee. It is awesome here and I hope you are having fun.

On to your questions.... I have non-traditional thoughts on weight loss so I may not help you but I wanted to share my perspective.

You share with us that you have been following a "diet" for "two weeks" and you have lost "five pounds". Ok. That all sounds great especially the five pounds lost. What concerns me is the time frame and the diet perspective. Any way that any of us eats is our diet. Diet is not a fancy word and really could mean anything. Normally when people talk about diet in terms of weight loss they are referring to a calorie deficit. Following a calorie deficit on purpose is a behavior change. One would hope that that behavior change is easy enough for you to follow for the next many years of your whole life. That rarely is the case. I think many just treat a calorie deficit as something that lasts for the short term. I strongly believe that if you want to change your body in any way that relies on a deficit or body recomposition, the food changes you make are ones that can be sustainable forever. It should not be a stressor in any form.

I say this because I did this at least 8 times. I would change how I ate, I would lose a nice amount of weight, feel proud, and then stop. Reason being. It was not sustainable. It did not cooperate with how my brain works. And it was not enjoyable.

The body when losing weight or recomposing itself will do it in a way that makes sense for it. For me, if I gain weight, it is always on my thighs. For many people the lower belly area is the last place to go.

Losing five pounds in two weeks is really good progress, but how much will you weigh next month or from six months on. Those are the important questions.

And sometimes it is not so simple as eating less and working out more because that goes into the complex thing called life. Living and breathing while interacting with others and eating is a complicated affair. The last time I tried to do a calorie deficit I could not get to lunch. Time went into a painful paradigm. Behaivorly for me it is far easier for me to work out harder and eat the same amount than the other way around.

Also all of this takes way more time than we think. But that is a good and wonderful thing. It gives you a chance to figure out how you interact with food and exercise and learn more about yourself. If you signed up for a 2-3 year degree program where you would have an awesome degree or certificate at the end with extra knowledge, that would be a good thing and it would not seem long. I am sure you would enjoy the process.

It is the same thing here.

So, my tips are: figure out what foods that are healthy, and tasty and that you enjoy eating. Second figure out how much you need to eat so that you are hungry before your next meal. You should be excited to eat for each meal. Figure out how much activity you need to do to change your composition. Figure out if you want to see change in a week period or a month. Again what is sustainable for you. Like for me, I don't see change day to day, but month to month I do.

Give it time, and let nature take its course, and that belly will go away. But it takes work, but if you do it the right way for you, it won't seem like work. It will be a awesome experience.

I hope this is somewhat beneficial.

And, most importantly, have fun!!

Comment

I agree with my fellow Wisconsinite. We need to do what is sustainable long term. I have a friend who went on a particular diet that is super popular right now and shed a bunch of weight. But it wasn't sustainable. There's no way that he was going to keep up such self depravation. Long term it's not healthy and it's mentally difficult and in the end you'll be right back where you started. And that is depressing and causes one to give up. So eat healthy food, healthy portions, plenty of protein, and exercise regularly. You will be healthy in the long run, not just for a few months.

Have fun! A healthy lifestyle is a beautiful thing.

Comment

By now I'm sure you've noticed the weight loss has not continued the way it started with the running.
            That's normal, drastic weight changes (down or up) are generally things other than fat, namely water or contents of your intestines. (Of course it can go the other way as well: Non-fat mass goes up gradually, disguising the fat mass loss and then suddenly the non-fat mass goes down again like it does and exposes the previously hidden loss in fat mass.)

Now personally I'm actually very much in favour of short-term diets. Much like a crash-course a diet can teach us very valuable lessons about eating in a much quicker and more concentrated fashion than a long-term lifestyle change, while at the same time being much quicker about the fat loss. If you ate the TDEE of your goal weight (which would be the permanently sustainable lifestyle change) the last 2 kg would take one and a half years to lose. Call me impatient but that's too long for my taste, considering I could get those 2 kg down in one to two months with a calorie deficit diet of 250 - 500 kcal daily deficit. Especially since 2 kg can make or break a belly.
            Personally I found my dinner cancelling very motivating and it taught me many things about how to eat and deal with hunger in the future, while also being very restrictive and in no way something I should do for the rest of my life.

I don't know how tall you are, but your goal BMI should probably be between 20 and 22, just so you know how much longer you'll have to go (the higher BMIs are for people who have loads of muscle mass).
            Your protein intake should be between 1.2 and 1.6 g per kg of your goal weight per day, too, so that you don't unnecessarily cannibalise your muscles.

Don't be afraid to try out things to find out what works for you, not only as a long-term lifestyle change, but also as a short-term diet.
            Hopefully you won't have far to go with your small belly, especially if you continued dieting and running.

Comment

Originally posted by Elias_Saleh View Post
              I'm trying to lose my little belly fat ! i just started my diet 2 weeks ago, i've lost 5 Ib in 3 days of running only. my weight was 135 Ib and now my weight is 130 Ib. Any advises ?
              Firstly well done on a good first week. The bad news is you're going to lose your belly fat pretty much last as that's where we hold on to it longest.

Mix up your running with some solid body weight exercises that incorporate major muscle groups. Try Foundation if you're just beginning.

Remember to drink plenty of water as well.

If you are weighing yourself then try to be consistent with when you do it and what you're wearing so you remove variables.

I found for me working out my TDEE less 15% and then using My Fitness Pal to track calories has worked quite well. I'm approx 65lbs down from June last year. Do remember the odd treat amongst your diet or you'll never stick to it.

Good luck and remember that other factors such as feeling better, having slightly looser clothes etc are all good indicators of weight loss as much as what the scales say.

Comment

Working...
              X