X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running, abs and mealplan

Hello folks,

I'm on day 19 of the "8 weeks to 5K" running program. I'm overweight, so this program is helping me to lose weight. My fat is mainly concentrated on my belly. So, I'm woundering to start the "Total Abs" program to improve this fat loss and tone belly muscles. Is it a good idea? If so, should I do the abs workout before or after running?

About the mealplan, I'm not following any of them, but I'm considering to start the "Power Fast". Should I?

PS: It's my first experience here on Darebee. I found this website accidentaly, and since then I've been wondering what could I've done if I know it years before. It's simply amazing.

I´d rather do HIIT or cardio workouts than abs. Because if you read this "guide" you can see that concentrating on abs could actually make stuff worse until the fat is reduced.

https://darebee.com/fitness/how-to-g...the-belly.html

Comment

I'd agree with Legolo - cardio or HIIT would be better than ab workouts. You can't spot-reduce fat but you can work on it overall and you'll achieve better results that way.

Comment

Yes, your abs will get stronger. But you can't spot train for fat loss. Go for HIIT! Good luck! I haven't ran consistently in awhile. Maybe I'll try the 5k training next.

Comment

I'd go for HIIT personally. When you do it is dependent on what your day looks like. I tend to do programs in the morning before work, spend the workday at a desk, then in the evening I do my running or kickboxing. It just helps me feel like I'm not piling it all on myself at once (also gives me time to eat between work and evening club sessions).

Comment

Thank you for the answers folks.

So, is there any HIIT program (suitable for beginners, please) and a meal plan would you recommend?

Comment

Welcome to the Hive Redbuz!

Try Cardio Blast or 90 Days of Action. 30 Days of HIIT may be too advanced but if you're think you're up to it, go ahead. But be careful, you don't wanna injure yourself.

If your goals are weight loss and to get them gainz, Power Fast might just be perfect for you. But only consider doing this if you exercise at least 4 times per week.
              The Modern Hero and 1&1 Meal plans are fantastic as well.

In the end you know yourself best so choose in one of the meal plans that suits your needs.

Comment

Working...
              X