Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fave Yoga Pose

I've always like doing the headstand and lotus together, I injured my left knee some years back and sometimes needs warming up for full lotus. This photo is an inspiration for when my knee isn't ready. From the headstand I'll shift the arm parallel with shoulders and press into a scorpion.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0ceb2f3dbb4d713b4ec9c2253326917b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.6 KB ID:	525098

King Pigeon pose. I use the wall behind to help prop up the lower part of the leg, so still in progress, but there is something both calming and empowering in it for me.

Comment

No joke, savasana (corpse pose), especially after a good workout. I love tensing everything, then releasing and just relaxing. Balasana (child pose) is also pretty great. Also, I wouldn't say it was a favorite, but I remember being pretty excited the first time I achieved bakasana (crow pose) and I revisit that one often.

Comment

Originally posted by PetiteSheWolf View Post
        King Pigeon pose. I use the wall behind to help prop up the lower part of the leg, so still in progress, but there is something both calming and empowering in it for me.
        what is the difference between "King Pigeon" and the normal "Pigeon pose"?

Comment

Some of my favorites, nothing fancy tho.

. tree pose
          . peaceful warrior
          . extended side angle
          . lizard pose
          . upward facing dog
          . [superhero pose] *grin*

Comment

Fun with lotus, lotus and fish combo, I do lotus variations, peacock and lotus. Sitting I place my hand beside me hips and lift of the floor. Lay forward into cobra and lotus.

Comment

I'll have to try King Pigeon, cool!

Click image for larger version  Name:	king-pigeon.jpg Views:	1 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	525215

Comment

Originally posted by SimonB View Post

what is the difference between "King Pigeon" and the normal "Pigeon pose"?
                There are several yoga poses commonly called pigeon (or some variation thereof) in English. See http://www.pocketyoga.com/Pose?sch=p...=1&sub=1&dif=1 for descriptions of the various pigeon poses.

There is also a variation of one-legged king pigeon done from a low lunge position: https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/on...pigeon-pose-ii

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfen View Post
                  No joke, savasana (corpse pose), especially after a good workout.
                  I love savasana after a good workout too, but at the beginning of a practice I find it super uncomfortable.

Comment

I love the standing balances. I have a flow I've been working for a while: tadasana to leg extended in front to warrior III to airplane to floating half moon to floating sugarcane to floating half moon to airplane to warrior III to standing knee-to-chest to dancer. Repeat on the other side. Then finish with: upward salute on tiptoes to chair pose on tiptoes to crow to chaturanga to up dog to down dog. This is my go-to routine when I only have 5 minutes to practice and also something I add on to days where I did a longer main practice that did not include sufficient (in my opinion) standing balance work.

Comment

For me, there are a few that stand out:

gomukhasana
                      child's pose
                      triangle pose
                      downward dog
                      lizard
                      pigeon

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow Dragon View Post

There are several yoga poses commonly called pigeon (or some variation thereof) in English. See http://www.pocketyoga.com/Pose?sch=p...=1&sub=1&dif=1 for descriptions of the various pigeon poses.

There is also a variation of one-legged king pigeon done from a low lunge position: https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/on...pigeon-pose-ii
                        thanks for the infos.

Comment

King Pigeon pose.
                          We did King Pigeon in Yoga class this morning, I held my foot with arm horizonal rather than over the shoulder as in the photo above.

A forward bend that I'm working on and use to be able to do is - head touches the knees, hands hold the big toes and elbow touch the floor.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	526660

Comment

I love doing corpse pose hahaha

Comment

I like the pigeon and the half moon pose

Comment

Working...
                              X