What video games are you playing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was playing Namco's kill.switch, but I didn't finish it. I'll get back to it later; for now, I'm just passing time playing Daggerfall.

Comment

Nihopaloa I'm using this online emulator on a website that lets you play for free in your browser without having to download it. Here's the link for it if you want to give it a try, hopefully it runs faster for you than it does for me hahaha: https://www.playemulator.com/gba-onl...e-red-version/

Comment

Ah, okay, I thought you used a dedicated emulator, Joseph MacDonald . I could imagine online emulators could have a lot of issues leading to spikes in speed (bandwidth, browser type, scripts, etc.). Maybe you'd like to try out an offline one, like mGBA or its core for RetroArch. Those have a lot of features and options to tweak around. They sometimes even emulate the solar sensor. The Emulation General Wiki has a good page on this.

Comment

Fallout 4 heavily modded, plus one mod i have been working on myself.
          Rage
          bioshock

Comment

RyanPaterson I have no idea, and I do not see the correlation to my post...

Comment

Zelda - Breath of the wild on the Switch. I love this game.

Comment

PSO2, Destiny Child and Exos Heroes for the most part. Fun times

Comment

Pro evolution soccer and assassin's creed odyssey

Comment

Going to start Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga - Xbox 360 haven't played that game since the start of 2018. I played it over and over also the other engine version Divinity II: Ego Draconis.

Comment

Shout out for those on low-powered laptops , I just started Darkest Dungeon.

I've been wanting to play this title for ages and finally jumped in since it's on offer on Steam. It's... perfect. There are some games that generate movie moments, those last-minute saves, those tragic upsets, those sheer bump in the night moments. I wouldn't say I am a gamer, really, but Resident Evil on the Wii was intense and was the last time I experienced anything like this. Darkest Dungeon is going to take up plenty of my off-time I suspect...

Comment

Talk about low-powered laptops, Mika, the thing I'm sitting on right now can't even handle Darkest Dungeon
                        But I have it sitting in my Steam library for ages and only started it once. Maybe I should try it, myself. Thanks for reminding me.
                        I'm currently playing Undermine (lowkey playing, more likely) and it's good fun, but not really a timesink (at least for me). Want to get back into Muse Dash, but there's some kind of bug that keeps me from playing. So maybe, Darkest Dungeon after all

Comment

Nihopaloa Darkest Dungeon is great. If it´s okay with you that mistakes hurt. A lot. I can´t recall how many times one of my favourite characters died because I did something stupid. And the permanent autosaves really make the perma death feature hurt.

I´m on a zombie trip right now. Which is somewhat odd, considering I´m really really scared of zombies. I never watched a serious horror movie, never played a game like Resident Evil or Silent Hill or anything where zombies take a prominent role. I couldn´t even watch Ash vs the Evil Dead and stopped watching The Walking Dead somewhere during the whole Prison vs Woodbury thing. I started out with State of Decay 2 because the focus is on basebuilding and community survival and the zeds are not that scary. Except for Plague Juggernaughts. Or all the Heartland plague freaks. Right now I´m playing Dead Island and having a great time throwing things at zombies

Comment

Legolo and Nihopaloa : yes, DD ticks the boxes for me. I'll have to check out the other games you both mention. As ever: I haven't heard of most of them. I think I'd die of fright with Silent Hill though: I've seen screenshots. Resident Evil on Wii was super-creepy for that reason. I played it with a 5:1 setup and projector (big, big screen) and the feeling you get when a chainsaw starts up behind you and you then swing round... There's also RE VR of course, although I'd be too chicken to try that... big nope.

Big fan of roguelikes and permadeath though, so DD is not new in that respect. I beat Nethack and Angband both once in my entire life after months of trying. The feeling of achievement when you have made it through with no safety net is incredible. The journey there is... rocky.

I also love a game with a decent narrator/sound track. Defense Grid is good for that reason, you are really drawn into the game universe, even though it's only basic it still works so well.

And the narrator in DD is superb.

"These nightmarish creatures can be felled, they can be beaten..."

Sweet dreams, everyone.

Comment

Well, I've started playing Papers, Please again. Every few months or so I fire it up again, play a dozen or so hours and playthroughs and then stop for some time. I just love checking passports, permits, ID cards and everything.
                              Please send help

Comment

Ooh I heard about how addictive Papers can be! Staying away from that. I am loving DD though. One hero lost so far, first mini-boss done.

Comment

Working...
                                X