Why did you start training with DAREBEE programms ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started training with Darebee when I was looking for a lowerbody routine, I found some pictures on google, I downloaded and tried them, but the one I liked most was legs of steel, which was in June of 2018, I was doing this training until I want more routines like this and then I realized the url in the image and I went to look for more directly in the Darebee website. I came and loved the site, I am here until today and I hope to continue.

Comment

I found it back in the day when it was on Lifehacker in 2014. Tried various workouts, joined the Google+ community and followed it over here.

Why here?

Well, Neila makes it fun. I can use workouts from various pop culture properties I enjoy, or inspired by history I like (pssst: musketeer workout please? More Viking stuff? More pirates please?) and then I found the programs and event weeks. I miss some of the superhero stuff, but I'll deal.

Anyway, I used the site for a while until I had health issues that stopped me cold for a while. Then I came back this year once the medics realized they were testing the wrong illness and actually fixed the problem.

In short, an inspired creator, fun workouts, some of the workouts and programs are competitive (levels and achievements) to scratch that itch of mine, a wide range of information on exercise and fitness and a wonderful community.

Comment

I think I saw some of the workouts on Pinterest when I was looking for superhero/nerd workouts. I kind of haflhearted worked out last year but I have gone all in for 2019 and have been doing the workouts on my own. I love the variety and the themes and I am so ready to make a change.

Comment

I was on Discord and asked if anyone had suggestions for workouts for beginners. Someone recommended me the foundation program on this website. It suits me perfectly!

Comment

I found the 90 day program online somewhere and it’s just really clicked. The idea that you don’t have to commit hours and hours to the gym is really cool. And also what I really like to do is the illustrations are good and show exactly what you need to do. The community online is also really great and makes you feel like it’s actually social network that you want to be a part of.

Comment

I was during my master thesis 2013. Before my studies I was doing karate twice a week and was often on my bike. I lost my motivation during learning engineering stuff. Gaming was a easier to the get the brain clear.
              But as my friends staring participate tough runs they trained for it with some freeletics program. But this was so hard for me to get back in the game. So I decided to look out for these Superhero workouts I saw on 9gag and I found neilarey. I read a lot training and started with the 90-day of action program.
              After that I designed my own routine out of the stuff I found on darebee.

And it's great. Sport is a part of my life again.

Comment

I feel self conscious going to gyms, so found it by searching for workouts I could do at home.

Comment

Although I am still struggling to actually put together a plan of attack that I can actually hold myself to, what drove me here was frustration with other sites. Specifically sites like Daily Burn that claim to have certified trainers but don't make profiles of the trainers available until you commit, and sometimes you still can't crosscheck them (Aaptiv, I'm looking at you).

The rub for me is that if a site claims to have certified trainers and I can't crosscheck them to ensure that they're telling me the truth beforehand, then for all intents and purposes I'm done. I have found I can't and won't stick to a program if I'm questioning the competence of the on-screen trainer before I even begin.

Darebee has never claimed to have certified trainers on their staff that I have noticed, so basically has become the "settle for" that I will deal with, working around what is clearly a sore spot by eliminating it.

Comment

Working...
                  X