Why did you start training with DAREBEE programms ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did you start training with DAREBEE programms ?

I believe I have find something that suits perfectly in my needs, its calisthenics and it has everything and more that I need. Is the most complete website I have found on the internet.

I started in June with Fizzup an app done that for a while then felt I wasn’t getting anything out of it I found darebee through nerd fitness and haven’t looked back

Comment

I found Darebee in January 2018 through a mention of Athena's Playbook on Mastodon, a social network I use. Tried it out out of curiosity and it was so much fun that I kept on going until today.

Comment

If i remember correctly i found darebee via Pinterest. I did the Mark Lauren 90 day challenge that days and thought darebee could be a good thing to do after the challenge.
        And since then, i'm on it. Especially when my daughter was very young, 3 years or so, it came in very handy that i could do all workouts at home.
        Consistently doing darebee stuff also helped me get off a bunch of fat... and most important.... keep it off without much effort.

Comment

Found it via one of the superhero workouts in June 2015. Love the community, the philosophy, the challenges, the programs, the badges - everything! I've been doing it almost exclusively since then, and it's still the best online community I've been a part of.

Comment

Found it via 4chan
            I love that darebee has complete programs so that I only have to choose one and get a good workout every day. I've never stuck with the barebones or self-made workouts I've tried in the past and today I've already trained over 60 days in a row, so that's a huge success for me and the reason I plan on staying

Comment

I found it on io9, with a story describing the fitness RPGs here and saying Age of Pandora was like Mad Max: Fury Road. I like the gamification aspect. Even the programs that don't have a story still vary the exercises enough to be entertaining. And though it's ridiculous, I just like earning badges.

Comment

it´s been a while ... in my youth I did a lots of sport in various sports-clubs (don´t worry, I will not mention it all here ) ... then came my military service ... and after that I did mostly nothing and got some bad habits ...

then I wanted to change my life again, but I didn´t wanted to start again in a sports-club, I wanted to be my own master and wanted to train when I see fit and have the time to do it - and not on a pressure-shedule if you get my drift. And I dind´t liked the gyms in our vicinity or the policy of gyms ... there was the problem and a big question for me: what to do?

After many researches I found my way to mark lauren and the bodyweight training ... it worked for the beginning and helped me get back into a daily habit of working out and reclaiming my body and get rid of those bad habits ... but after a while it was too boring ... too monotonous of a program if you get my drift (even if you work with exercise modifications or not) ... then I stopped again ... searched again ... and then found DAREBEE in the web through various pictures (9gag, google, pinterest, etc.)

What I really liked about Darebee at this time was that the content was free for everybody - they had a philosophy that addressed me on a level I really liked - I also liked the community (although I was more like a still observer at this time) - you could express everything (life, feelings, fitness-progress, etc.) and discuss matters with other people and everyone were very friendly and tolerated each other on a level I hadn´t known existed someplace on such a level.

I also like the various programs, workouts, challenges, that help you have fun again with working out and help you get motivated and keep rolling on a funny and playful way - everyday is something special and is now one of my daily habits I am looking forward to - the community is a really great big family for me now which helps me on my way to keep on track. oh yes, and we love badges, right

Therefore Thanks a lot Darebee-Team - with our great mother-bee neilarey and thanks to all the bees out there - you are great - keep up your awesome work.

ok, I think I wrote too much, but I found the topic in this thread very interesting and wanted to share some thoughts - thanks AKDS now: back to business my bees, enjoy your start in a new week!

Comment

I originally found Darebee because I was looking for fitness games, and found Age of Pandora. I wasn't anywhere near fit enough to do it at the time (multiple health issues), so after some perusing of the site I decided to just start at the beginning: Foundation Light.
                  These days I go to the gym for some lifting, but I just came back to Darebee for supplementary workouts at home (and because I love the community here).
                  Darebee has been life-changing for me. I am stronger than I ever was, despite my disabilities.

Comment

I think I originally found it because Google Plus decided to show me some random workouts from neilarey , back when she was independently putting together things like the superhero workouts. I started following her, and from there it wasn't much of a jump to Darebee. I liked the fun factor in the superhero and other themed workouts, and that remains a factor for me. (If it's not fun, I'm not doing it in the long run.)

I joined the Hive after lurking for a while because I liked how people interact here. I appreciate the genuinely supportive environment and, again, the fun factors: people talking about books and pancakes and...

Comment

I think I “stumbled upon” it when that was a thing. I like having at home workouts that I can do without thinking. Therefore the programs are perfect for me.

Comment

I found Darebee when I was a music major struggling to prepare for my jury. Juries are intense music finals where you need to play several pieces perfectly in front of a panel. So I decided to take a month off from working out. I was on probation and thought it was the best bet to maybe succeed. But, during breakfast time I looked at workouts on pinterest and I randomly found a squats and pushups challenge. I really did not know what I had found. I was like, ok cool. But then, a couple of days later I read the intro to the Darebee website and I was slowly realizing what an impressive goldmine of fitness I had found.

I run and I bike so when I workout my workouts are usually a couple of hours long. I routinely ride my bike and then go for a run so my fitness has always been fairly good. But because of the music degree I had gained weight and was not able to maintain the fitness schedule I was used to.

I waited to start training again when the jury was done. I failed it. Looking back I could have just worked out while preparing. But after the jury was done I decided to lose weight. I had successfully lost weight before the program started through long runs and many pushups but at the time of the jury ending I forgot that I had done that. I found myself confused how to lose weight. The running and bike riding was not helping with it. So I went on Darebee and read the "how to lose weight" article. I started doing tons of programs, individual workouts, challenges, etc and the fitness that I was find was awesome. Needless to say it was taking time so I stopped bike riding. It was weird to start feeling really fit but not feeling the best. So I added back in the running and biking. A couple of years pass and we come to now.

Currently I balance all three. I love that Darebee is calisthenics based AND that the workouts have pictures. I have always wanted to do workouts like this to complement my running and bike riding. I just could never figure out how to do it and all the descriptions for the moves were confusing. I never took the time to write out all the notes I would need to understand all the moves. But.... pictures!!!! Oh my goodness- sold. I know how to do everything now. It is awesome. And I have gained so much fitness and muscle.

On the weight loss note too, it has been successful. I am still not super lean but getting closer. Yay. I had to figure out my whole motivations and how to's for weight loss. I think Darebee has helped with that too. I stay away from the scale. Every single time I have gotten on the scale and saw a "good" number, the weight loss pursuit failed miserably. I understand why now. I am not motivated by the scale or looks or anything. Darebee helped me figure out my motivations for fitness and daily living. I want to be able to do things. I want to be able to do HARD things. I am a 40 female who is making herself kickass fit with pushups and burpees. I love when my muscles are crying out. Hello my Dad did try out for the Navy Seals so I think I have some of that in me.

That is my story. Have fun with it. Fun is the most important thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanary View Post
                          people talking about books and pancakes and...
                          pancakes and books ...

Comment

If memory serves correctly, and it rarely does, I started some 20 days ago. So I am still at the beginning of a healthy and hopefully long journey. I am a student at an university and have not done any sports or movement related activity in like 3 years. So I went fat fast. Gained about 25 kg in 3 years. Really unhealthy, but what did I care? I am still young. And apparently very foolish.

I used to be a group leader in the Scouts and because I could not stand looking at myself in the mirror anymore I searched online for a workout for scouts. And I found the Scout Workout from Darebee. I tried it ... and failed completely. So I decided to start smaller. Right now I am doing the Foundation Light programm to get back into it. I really like the illustrations so even I can understand what I am supposed to do and when those pictures are not clear enough there are the videos. Overall I really like the "service" here. Hopefully I can keep myself motivated to stay in training...

Comment

Legolo Yay for scouting. I was a Girl Scout for many years and got the Girl Scout Gold Award. Once a scout, always a scout!! Keep at it. Make it fun, and you will find your self doing this stuff for months and months.

Comment

Working...
                              X