Darebee Pet Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darebee Pet Appreciation

What pets do you have? What are some funny stories?

So... I volunteer at an animal shelter. I've been really good at not bringing home any animals. I already have a six year old cat and a nine month old cat. Until today! I have finally found my soul kitten. He is fuzzy and black except the very tip of his tail is white! I have named him Apex.
    My boyfriend said we couldn't have anymore pets. Of course he would say that because anyone can say no to a picture. So I filled out fostering papers and brought him home. I told my boyfriend I already adopted him. It worked. The only reason we have the other kitten, Turbo, is because I let my boyfriend choose between two names instead of asking if I could keep him. Eli is just orange and lazy. Sometimes I curl him.

Awww, so precious with the white little tip on the end of his tail! And working in a shelter is courageous, I do not think I could take it. When I worked in a paediatric hospital (during pharmacy school), I loved it, and still remember those kids, but came home crying some days - so, shelter would be very similar, I am afraid (plus the risk of increasing the family!)

Here is Luna, AKA the Duchess, 2 years old as of this week. She's my first kitty (I grew up with dogs), but she has me entirely under her spell. I call her my silver-clad beauty with the golden eyes

Comment

I have a brood! Lol, my babies are:

Jack - 11 yr old lab/chow mix who is almost completely blind
      Dusty - 2 yr old Siamese mix kitty....my hubby found him abandoned as a kitten at a local hotel
      Dark Crystal - 6 yr old black polydactyl kitty with a white splotches on her chest
      Taz - 7 yr old tabby cat that we adopted when he was 3
      Nick - 3 yr old lab/Australian shepherd mix who has enough energy for all of the pets!

They get in my way when I work out and they wear me out! They protect me and comfort me....I love all 5 of them!

Comment

PetiteSheWolf - your Luna looks like a Russian Blue Point....very pretty. I had one before...

Comment

This is Lucy's version of yoga. Aka puppy nap time. When I'm done I call her out from under the covers

Comment

Originally posted by MissMolly View Post
            PetiteSheWolf - your Luna looks like a Russian Blue Point....very pretty. I had one before...
            Thank you MissMolly She is actually a Chartreux - very French breed (think of Colette's "the cat") , but the various "grey" kitties are not always easy to differenciate: Chartreux, English shorthair (some come in silver with golden eyes, and they are fairly chunky like the Chartreux), Russian blue, Korat - out of memory.

But whatever the breed ( or absence thereof), they all have their special beauty! Yours are pretty too, and clearly sound like full part of the family

Comment

Here are my 2 boxer "kids'!

Sansa & Junior:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0733.JPG
Views:	589
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	305888
              Yeah, she clearly didn't approve of the attire we got for her that night!

Junior
              Junior really likes he's toys, but prefers a lot of interaction(especially to have someone to give "kisses" to!!)
              , instead of just leaving him to his own devices( quite a mischievous one).

They both really enjoy their long walks though.

Comment

Yay, pets!

This is Onyx, a little black monster with one white toe. I adopted her from a shelter a little over a year ago. She had been adopted earlier, but brought back because she didn't get along with those people's other cat. Their loss...as she is a super fun cat and an extreme cuddle-bug. I also have two goldfish, Pablo and Salvador, but unfortunately don't have any photos. They don't pose as well as the cat does.

Comment

Originally posted by PetiteSheWolf View Post
                  Awww, so precious with the white little tip on the end of his tail! And working in a shelter is courageous, I do not think I could take it. When I worked in a paediatric hospital (during pharmacy school), I loved it, and still remember those kids, but came home crying some days - so, shelter would be very similar, I am afraid (plus the risk of increasing the family!)

Here is Luna, AKA the Duchess, 2 years old as of this week. She's my first kitty (I grew up with dogs), but she has me entirely under her spell. I call her my silver-clad beauty with the golden eyes
                  A wolf with a pet cat???

Comment

Originally posted by aveoturbo View Post

A wolf with a pet cat???
                    You mean a wolf completely ruled by a cat, right?
                    Even more improbable than cats and dogs living together, I tell you! The end of the world is upon us! REPENT, REPENT!

Comment

Originally posted by aveoturbo View Post

A wolf with a pet cat???
                      Hey, it happens...although as PetiteSheWolf mentioned, I'm not quite sure who's the pet in my case either.

Comment

Awww I really love animals, you all have very cute and adorable pets in your lives! Extra petting, hugs and kisses for everyone today!

In my family we have 3 pets who all have their own little quirks.

First up is Baja, we adopted her from a shelter when she was just a puppy, now she's 3 years old. She's very easily frightened because she probably had some bad experiences when she was abandoned. She doesn't like driving in the car and whenever we drive somewhere for a one-day trip she makes sure - for the way back - that she's always the first one in the car as to make sure we won't leave her there. I cannot believe that someone could have left her and her two siblings somewhere in the woods, she is so precious and just the nicest dog, I couldn't love her more. She cuddles all worries away in an instant.

Next is our cat, Neko. She's actually my grandma's cat because she's the one who feeds her and spends the most time with her. Neko was abandoned as a kitten in the forest that lies close to our house, and she found her way to us back then. We called the local shelter because we couldn't have a cat (we've already had a parrot and a dog - turns out Baja and Neko get along very well now), so they came to pick her up, but because they didn't have anymore space, they got her to the vet to check for disease and to neuter her, then she was returned to where she was found, and of course she came back to our house. We fed her and then my grandma stepped up and took care of Neko ever since. I also call Neko ''the Bandit'' because she's missing the tip of her right ear and half a tail. She's quite sassy and smart though.

And lastly, our parrot Piko. My father found the parrot at his workplace, where Piko flew in to get a sip of water in a puddle - he was so worn out that he couldn't fly anymore, so my father could catch him easily. He was probably abandoned as well because we tried looking for the owners and searched for ''missing pet'' ads but we found nobody. At the time we had a female parrot of the same species, so they soon became a couple. She was the reason that he dared at all to leave the cage, he was always afraid of human hands so ever since she passed away, Piko hasn't left the cage. We were very afraid that he might pass away as well since they were a couple, but he's still here. His cage door is always open and sometimes he gets out by accident in the middle of the night so we help him back inside but other than that he's very content singing from the inside of the cage.

I really love all three of them, and there's plenty more to say but I'd rather not turn this post into a novel. I pinned some photos, so you can check them out below if you'd like.

Comment

It is very lovely to see all of your pets ! More pictures more pets stories :-) !

As for me I am the "step" mom of two cats (they are my boyfriends cats) Luda and Moo. Luda is very cute and very affectionate toward my boyfriend. I definitively have the step mom role here. He tolerates me because I feed him and pet him when he allows me to do so. He is a very exclusive cat and only love his master. On the picture is the long haired black and white. He is also a very loud purrer.

Then we have Moo, which also belonged to my boyfriend, but she did become more of my cat. She always hang out with me, sleeps on my lap and wants my attention. She is a grey fat cat. Her name is Moo, but I call her Jabba the Moo. Sometimes she sits on her hip and really look like Jabba the Hut. (I will try to get a picture). Moo is very friendly and very curious. However she would eat herself to death if she could. She has an obsession with food, it is very uncanny when not used to it.

To quote Iktheetah I also had a soul kitten. Her name was Cleo and she yeah she was my soul kitten. Unfortunately she passed away 2 years ago (old age and kidney issue). She would always be with me, everywhere I would go, she was my shadow. I couldn't close doors without her being in the same room as I did. Even if she was sleeping, when going to the bathroom, I would close the door and a few seconds later I would hear her scratching at the door to be in. When I was taking a bath, I had to make her a nest in the sink so she could be comfortable in the same room as me. When I was on the computer and it was past bed time, she would come in front on the screen and meow at me until I turn off the computer and went to bed with her. I do miss her greatly. In the picture she is the white cat (she was a pure breed Birman Cat, with crossed eyes :p)

Then there is Smarty, my mom's soul kitten. Smarty has the crazy eyes but she is very loving toward my mom and will never leave her side. She also tolerates other human when my mom is not around :p She dislikes other cats because she wants the full attention (from my mom of course) on her :p On the picture she is the short black and white haired cat.

Name:	Moo.JPG
Views:	583
Size:	829.9 KB
ID:	306501

Name:	Cleo 2.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	306502

Name:	Cleo.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	345.2 KB
ID:	306503

Name:	Smarty.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	306504

Comment

This is Digby, AKA the love of my life

Comment

Here's my girl. She's a 9-year old black kitty named Jazzy. She's a champion lap lounger, will talk to anything that moves, and likes to 'help' me turn pages when I'm trying to read. Sometimes I give up and just give her the book.

Comment

Working...
                              X