Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sore Today, Strong Tomorrow

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Just booked the band we wanted for our wedding!!!!
    They're close friends and have a family reunion always on the first Saturday of June so I've been stressing trying to find another band for MONTHS and saw them tonight, said "did you manage to reschedule that reunion yet???"

    TOTALLY JOKING and they said "actually wanted to talk to you about that, we want to play for you. We'll just leave the reunion early."

    WHAT THE WHAT?! Oh I'm so so so so freaking happy. And relieved. AND HAPPY

    Comment


      Ooooooh congrats!!!! That's such awesome news

      Comment


        Spartan Day 17
        Level two. Those squats were BRUTAL after yesterday. Every inch of me hurts

        Comment


          Just saw this guy on Tosh.0 (don't judge me, John was watching.) What are DBs??

          Comment


            Do you mean what type of dumbbells? Or the weight of the dumbbells? Or what does DB mean? Either dumbbells or decibels generally. But I'm sure it has other meanings too.

            Comment


              They refer to "Overhead DB extensions" which I guess in hindsight just means dumbbell (I'm a dumbbell LMAO) but OMG I almost drop ten pounds and his 5RM is like 230 pounds!!

              Comment


                Originally posted by K e l l y View Post
                They refer to "Overhead DB extensions" which I guess in hindsight just means dumbbell (I'm a dumbbell LMAO) but OMG I almost drop ten pounds and his 5RM is like 230 pounds!!
                Training goals. He has one. And that's it.

                And if your not familiar with the "lingo or shorthand" it dont make you silly

                Comment


                  Originally posted by K e l l y View Post
                  Twinkle how you did six minutes with weights is beyond me
                  I wanted to stop after the first minute and cry after the second. The rest was a matter of raccoon persuasion: "But if you don't do better than last time, you won't get any sweets this weekend."
                  (Way too many sweets... have to join the diet band wagon if this continues)


                  Yaay for booking the band!

                  Comment


                    Spartan Day 18
                    Abs, level one because frankly I didn't feel like doing it at all. I'm still really sore, had a bad day at work, I can't get warm, low energy day overall. But I worked out! And then I did...

                    YWA Yoga for Zombies
                    Because that's how I feel. And who could pass up that title. Pepped me up a little but not much.

                    Tomorrow will be better.

                    Comment


                      Good job on doing the workout even though you weren't feeling it

                      Also "grrr arrrrg"

                      Comment


                        Why did you have a bad day at work?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by aveoturbo View Post
                          Why did you have a bad day at work?
                          We have a small office, I'm the office manager and I manage two employees. One of them was on vacation and one called in sick. So I was on my own from 7 am to 5 pm, not planning on working a 10 hour day and not planning on doing three peoples' jobs. There were two other people in the office, my boss and a clinical manager that helped with the phones if I couldn't get someone off the line. I managed to get one 10 minute break.

                          Comment


                            Ugh, exhausting. Will the rest of your week be like this, too?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by K e l l y View Post

                              We have a small office, I'm the office manager and I manage two employees. One of them was on vacation and one called in sick. So I was on my own from 7 am to 5 pm, not planning on working a 10 hour day and not planning on doing three peoples' jobs. There were two other people in the office, my boss and a clinical manager that helped with the phones if I couldn't get someone off the line. I managed to get one 10 minute break.
                              I bet the day went fast tho o.O

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by twinkletoes View Post
                                Ugh, exhausting. Will the rest of your week be like this, too?
                                No, thankfully, the one that was on vacation is back today. The sick girl is back today too, she has a scheduled day off Friday. Although...I wouldn't be surprised if she called in again at some point this week.

                                aveoturbo , not really, just because 5 pm feels like an ETERNITY when I'm used to getting off at 3 pm. It just throws off my whole evening. But yes, I did stay busy!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X