Thinking of chaning my training routine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thinking of chaning my training routine

    I should have read this article two months ago, as my main goal to lose fat and strengthen my body. I thought that I would achieve that by lifting weights and focusing on Abs. Honestly, I have always known that cardio exercises are the way to go to get rid of fat overall, however, I always try to avoid them for one reason...I'm a smoker

    I can't live in denial forever. I should face my fears and breakthrough any obstacle. Therefore, I have decided to go Cardio after I finish the programs I'm doing now. Nevertheless, I don't know from where to start. As I have mentioned, I would like to burn body fat and get stronger body. Not necessarily increasing muscle mass.

    I am looking at Weight Loss & Streamline programs, I'm not sure whether I should start with HIIT or a different program. I am also looking at Training plans. I really can't decide on this matter. I would appreciate your advice.

    Thank you

    #2
    HI Musical gym ,as a former smoker (for 30 years, clean for 11) I can just tell you, that when I do HIIT, I rather run out of air than of power. Through its nature HIIT is very demanding (High Intensity..!), the 'all in' aspect might ruin it for you. If you do it half time, its just cardio and you don't get the full benefits anyway.
    I would suggest, you start with some cardio (e.g.30 Day of Cardio Blast) and maybe some strength-workouts on the side and see where it takes you. It's not really about the program you choose, it's making fitness a way of life for you and integrate it into your daily routine.
    And that works a lot better, if you do not find yourself on the floor gasping for air after 5 minutes.
    So take it easy and find your path. (And maybe stop smoking)
    All the best
    Andi

    Comment


      #3
      I recommend Cardio Trim if you can take it. 30 Days of Cardio Blast can be pretty tough even though it's of difficulty 2, from my experience.

      I haven't done Cardio Trim but I have the feeling that a lot of guys would like it, since it has a lot of upperbody work.

      You can also go for the general fitness programs. They are balanced between cardio and strength, which can be helpful for you to ease toward the cardio side.

      Comment


        #4
        Andi64 kandy thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I took a quick glance at Cardio Blast, it seemed more difficult than HIIT. I’m aware that any cardio exercise will be demanding air more than anything else. Even if I quit smoking now, it’d take me ages to restore my lungs as well as my endurance.

        Comment


          #5
          If you like weight training, you could do ironborn again and do active rests. I didn't have time to finish Ironborn but I was doing 20 seconds of high knees in between sets and 1 minute of jump rope in between exercises. Cardio Trim is tough but fun.

          Comment


            #6
            How is your kitchen routine? Are you aware of your calorie intake? You only lose bodyfat, if you are in an overall deficit?
            Cardio can help to build a deficit, but it is not as powerful as eating less calories.
            To maintain muscle mass, while you are in a caloric deficitit, you have to eat enough protein and do resistance/ strength training.
            When I have my diet clean (main problem for me!) I lose weight without cardio.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by CODawn View Post
              If you like weight training, you could do ironborn again and do active rests. I didn't have time to finish Ironborn but I was doing 20 seconds of high knees in between sets and 1 minute of jump rope in between exercises. Cardio Trim is tough but fun.
              I'm doing IB / B&C round two. I'm very happy and satisfied with what I'm doing now (IB, B&C and Total Abs). I like that idea of filling rest time

              Originally posted by HellYeah View Post
              How is your kitchen routine? Are you aware of your calorie intake? You only lose bodyfat, if you are in an overall deficit?
              Cardio can help to build a deficit, but it is not as powerful as eating less calories.
              To maintain muscle mass, while you are in a caloric deficitit, you have to eat enough protein and do resistance/ strength training.
              When I have my diet clean (main problem for me!) I lose weight without cardio.
              My kitchen routine is much better than before. I still sleep without dinner, I no longer miss it. Other than that, you know my favorite chocolate biscuits but I'm trying to reduce my daily intake.

              No, I don't know my daily calorie intake, I don't calculate it. I didn't give up on either rice nor bread (organic), I still eat both almost everyday. However, I am taking small portions, not mega ones as used to do lol. I have introduced fruits to my diet, they help me not think about sweets.

              So you recommend that I eat less and keep doing what I'm doing now?

              Thank you so much my friends! I appreciate your help

              Edit: HellYeah what do you think about this? (https://www.foodspring.es/en/muscle-...option-170=781)

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Musical gym View Post
                I took a quick glance at Cardio Blast, it seemed more difficult than HIIT.
                Do not underestimate HIIT, when it says '15 seconds of High Knees' it means 15 seconds of full speed as fast as you can and not just 15 secs of High Knees.
                Have a look at TheRaven's post here

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Andi64 View Post
                  Do not underestimate HIIT, when it says '15 seconds of High Knees' it means 15 seconds of full speed as fast as you can and not just 15 secs of High Knees.
                  Have a look at TheRaven's post here
                  I would die within 10 secs

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Musical gym View Post
                    My kitchen routine is much better than before. I still sleep without dinner, I no longer miss it. Other than that, you know my favorite chocolate biscuits but I'm trying to reduce my daily intake.

                    No, I don't know my daily calorie intake, I don't calculate it. I didn't give up on either rice nor bread (organic), I still eat both almost everyday. However, I am taking small portions, not mega ones as used to do lol. I have introduced fruits to my diet, they help me not think about sweets.

                    So you recommend that I eat less and keep doing what I'm doing now?

                    Thank you so much my friends! I appreciate your help

                    Edit: HellYeah what do you think about this? (https://www.foodspring.es/en/muscle-...option-170=781)
                    I use a whey (19€) and vegan (22€) protein in 1kg bags. I would not buy 1,55 kg protein, a bit of creatine and some oats for 99, no way!

                    If you like your routine and just don't see fat loss results, go for less calories.
                    If you need some change and/or want to improve your cardio capability, go for it...but you may reduce your calories, too.

                    I am doing Ironborn atm, and I need to eat... cause it is hard... I gained while doing it, muscle and fat...
                    ... in fact I have the highest weight in some time, but I get compliments about being buffed, so ... I am ok with it right now...
                    BUT I am planing to cut after IB is finished... with less calories and a easier bodyweight strength routine...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by HellYeah View Post

                      I use a whey (19€) and vegan (22€) protein in 1kg bags. I would not buy 1,55 kg protein, a bit of creatine and some oats for 99, no way!

                      If you like your routine and just don't see fat loss results, go for less calories.
                      If you need some change and/or want to improve your cardio capability, go for it...but you may reduce your calories, too.

                      I am doing Ironborn atm, and I need to eat... cause it is hard... I gained while doing it, muscle and fat...
                      ... in fact I have the highest weight in some time, but I get compliments about being buffed, so ... I am ok with it right now...
                      BUT I am planing to cut after IB is finished... with less calories and a easier bodyweight strength routine...
                      Hi HellYeah Thank you for your comment. I didn't take any supplements while doing IB the first time and now. I would try whey protein for now, would I need something else in your opinion?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        On November 30th, I will finish round two of IRONBORN and Back&Core. I'm thinking of dropping both and go for Cardio Blast and Glutes of Steel. I might keep doing Total Abs depending on my time.

                        Thank you everyone for your recommendation.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Musical gym View Post

                          Hi HellYeah Thank you for your comment. I didn't take any supplements while doing IB the first time and now. I would try whey protein for now, would I need something else in your opinion?
                          I only use protein, cause it's easier to get a good amount without thinking too much about food.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by HellYeah View Post

                            I only use protein, cause it's easier to get a good amount without thinking too much about food.
                            Thank you. I need to buy some since I will continue with IB program.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              What do you think about this weekly Schedule? I would appreciate your advice. Monday Farpoint / Superhero
                              Tuesday
                              Cardio Blast / Total Abs (level 2)
                              Wednesday IRONBORN / Glutes of Steel
                              Thursday Cardio Blast / Total Abs (level 2)
                              Friday IRONBORN / Glutes of Steel
                              Saturday Cardio Blast / Total Abs (level 2)
                              Sunday IRONBORN / Glutes of Steel

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X