Sets, reps and weight

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sets, reps and weight

    I have a couple of questions regarding IRONBORN and Back & Core, in terms of sets, repetition and weight. I am redoing both and I would like to do better than the first time.

    * IRONBORN
    - Would you recommend I increase weight and do same reps stated in the program, or reduce weight and do more reps?

    * Back & Core
    - I'm planning to double "hold time" of some exercises and do reps "to failure", is that recommended?

    Thank you in advance for your help.


    #2
    Originally posted by Musical gym View Post
    * IRONBORN
    - Would you recommend I increase weight and do same reps stated in the program, or reduce weight and do more reps?
    I can tell my opinion about the Ironborn: I would keep the number of repetitions and increase the weight, I think the program has a sense made exactly like that and playing on weight

    Comment


      #3
      IRONBORN:
      What Fremen said.
      Back and Core:
      Why not try Total Abs as an add-on if B&C is too easy for You? I did it with Athena's Playbook and had some fun.
      Andi

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Fremen View Post

        I can tell my opinion about the Ironborn: I would keep the number of repetitions and increase the weight, I think the program has a sense made exactly like that and playing on weight
        You’re absolutely right. Thank you!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Andi64 View Post
          IRONBORN:
          What Fremen said.
          Back and Core:
          Why not try Total Abs as an add-on if B&C is too easy for You? I did it with Athena's Playbook and had some fun.
          Andi
          I wish it was easy haha. Some exercises are difficult, up & down planks, V sit-ups, etc for instance. However, there some easy ones. For example, yesterday I doubled the holding time of Hollow Hold, I could’ve held that position more for maximum gain. I’m planning to do Total Abs, however, I prefer to redo B&C just to make sure that my body is ready for TBs.

          thank you Andi

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Musical gym View Post
            For example, yesterday I doubled the holding time of Hollow Hold, I could’ve held that position more for maximum gain.
            Sorry, I forgot to ask, in case I’m able to hold/do more, shall I do it or stick to the program?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Musical gym View Post

              Sorry, I forgot to ask, in case I’m able to hold/do more, shall I do it or stick to the program?
              Try, fail and adjust. Listen to your body what he is able to. Play around... that's what I am doing...
              you can also reduce rest times...

              In Ironborn I mostly stick to rest times on day1-3 of the cycle and try to adjust the weight to hit the given reps. If I hit my max DB weight, (about 20kg) I do more reps. I guess it only wil happen for farmers walk, where I counted walking round the table instead of steps...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by HellYeah View Post

                Try, fail and adjust. Listen to your body what he is able to. Play around... that's what I am doing...
                you can also reduce rest times...

                In Ironborn I mostly sick to rest times on day1-3 of the cycle and try to adjust the weight to hit the given reps. If I hit my max DB weight, (about 20kg) I do more reps. I guess it only wil happen for farmers walk, where I counted walking round the table instead of steps...
                Thank you my friend. Great advice

                I made an excel sheet to add records of weight and reps for each exercise in both programs.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Currently I am doing 30 days of Hiit and Total Abs one after the other. Before I did the Back and Core program. Overal I found the B&C program not that hard but in my memory a few days where tough (I found balancing on 1 arms and doing something with the leg on the other side not that easy as a double arm exercises ea. straight plank).

                  I do Total Abs on level 2 but with less pause mostly 30 seconds per set, by changing the level you can adjust to your fitness level.

                  On some Hitt days you also have todo "Abs" exercises than you get double the portion. Total Abs has some easy days where I think "that 's it?" but overal it is enhough of a challenge.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by photon View Post
                    Currently I am doing 30 days of Hiit and Total Abs one after the other. Before I did the Back and Core program. Overal I found the B&C program not that hard but in my memory a few days where tough (I found balancing on 1 arms and doing something with the leg on the other side not that easy as a double arm exercises ea. straight plank).

                    I do Total Abs on level 2 but with less pause mostly 30 seconds per set, by changing the level you can adjust to your fitness level.

                    On some Hitt days you also have todo "Abs" exercises than you get double the portion. Total Abs has some easy days where I think "that 's it?" but overal it is enhough of a challenge.
                    I will switch to Total Abs once I finished IRONBORN and B&C. I'm planning to continue doing IB combined with Abs program.

                    A friend of mine gave me Ab wheel to try it. I will use it everyday for some time as to help me enforcing my back and abdominal muscles.

                    Thank you for your input photon good luck on the programs you're doing

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X