Announcement

No announcement yet.

30 Days of Swordsmanship

• razielim
    A bokken's a two handed weapon anyway, strong wielder or not. Katanas are not balanced for just one hand, so bokkens usually aren't either. The only time a katana is really being held in one hand is for certain blocks. And I guess if you're Hercules and things like balance are just irrelevant in the face of strength.

For a workout training with two blades without actually buying weapons, aluminum rulers are great! You can get one arm length and one forearm+hand length and practice normal, inverted, and mixed grip katas with those. Not much for strength, but you can get some cardio going with those, especially if a workout were to chain a bunch of moves together. Definitely on the other side of the spectrum from a bokken, weight and speed-wise. But I'm not sure if speedy weapons are really plausible for infographic workouts since they're all about the fancy footwork. Just some thoughts.

• PatheticBarrel
    Again, Tanto work would be a natural addition to Bokken training.

• Miles
    That would be great ! But it would also be a little off from (almost) no materiel workout to include to much different weapons. Bokken have already been included, maybe just add sticks (which are inexpensive if not "home-made) ?

• Steve Kim
    What about weapon master workout program??

We learn how to use various weapons and use them in fitness.

From Nunchaku to long sword, to long stick, and to Tonpa. Hahaha

I would post Numchaku swings of me lol

Anyway, to be swordman we need to do more lunges and jump exercises.

Strong leg is essential of sword arts.

• RestingVard
    Artorias Exactamente a ese me referia, Aunque la idea de Elektra tambien era buena, no se me habia ocurrido (no tengo ganas de traducir)

• ScorpionKing
    ‚ÄčElektra PatheticBarrel yeah, I keep forgetting how strong I am. Thats what I get for being Hercules hahah

• PatheticBarrel
    Compared to my foil, yes it is. I NEED both hands to hold mine up, whereas my foil was, of course, made to be used one handed. In a stabbing motion. *stab stab*

Also, you've got Pincers for arms. Not a fair comparison.

• Elektra
    ScorpionKing depends on the bokken.

• ScorpionKing
    PatheticBarrel bokken are not heavy

• PatheticBarrel
    I think a program designed off a different spectrums than the heavy bokken would be nice.

I did Fencing in High School, and found the focus on flexibility and speed to be very interesting.

Alternatively, a program like ScorpionKing mentioned, but with alternate choices for sword style could be cool.

• Artorias
    Elektra I think he refered to Zoro, the character of One Piece. Correct me if I'm wrong, RestingVard vieja. But a Zorro Workout it's actually a very good idea too, jaja

• Elektra
    ScorpionKing You just don't understand. Look at RestingVard's country. He's from Argentina. We latinos have Zorro as our great latino swodsman.lol

• RestingVard
    ScorpionKing I Know, but we can do a list and compile every swordsman in and public in a single post in te correct section

• ScorpionKing
    RestingVard wrong place to request that.

• RestingVard