Announcement

No announcement yet.

Daily Dare to Exercise of the Day

• Scorpion
    What AnnieW said.
    what about the Extra Credits? And what about the badges?
    And also what about the description?

• Andi64
    I love "Daily Dare", not so big on 'Excercise of the Day" if somebody is counting. What @ryś said.

• Chaotic
    @ryś Personally,I agree. Daily Dare sounds playful, fun... Exercise of the Day sounds quite formal and doesn't challenge me, so most of the time I skip it and choose something else to add to my routine.

• basecamp
    I appreciate that you are letting data and new user reaction guide your way. I hope that whatever that shows allows this site to be more accessible to more folks!

• Miss_Dada
    Daily Dares FOREVER!!!! meeeeh nobody like ,exercise of a day,

I remember the slogan on Darebee: ,,Don't know where to start? Start with Daily Dares! They are fun and usually something you normally would not do..."

Badges are motivation, to count dares is fun, I really hope that this basic thing comes back on DAREBEE !!

It's DAREbee , DAILY DARE MAKES SENSE MORE THEN ANYTHING ELSE !!!!

JOIN OUR DAILY DARE CHATROOM HERE

• AnnieW
    Ok, I do understand the name change, but what about the Extra Credits? And what about the badges? They still have the old name. And the Extra Credit Badges are also still around. Can we keep them? Please??

• danilojromero
    I didn't understand the difference between "Exercise" and "Workout" of day...​​​​​​

• Damer
    Heh, Bozkurt nothing is off the table . On a more serious note, no, no major rebranding is in sight. I totally agree with what you are saying about starting the day with one small victory and that was our thinking also. It's a fine line to walk. We love things as they are and all of us are hugely invested in them. At the same time we need to be able to reach those who need our help. Perceptions are important and anything that is perceived as a potential barrier we experiment with to see if it can be improved. The jury is still out on this until all the data has been collected.

• Bozkurt
    Good morning Damer,
    Corollary to this, I hope that you are not contemplating renaming the site to "ExerciseBee" down the road :-) On a more serious note, actually being able to complete an exercise, no matter how easy it may be, that is posed as a dare may be more of a moral boost to someone. We all need small victories on any given day, and completing a dare with or without the extra credit has always been one victory I have been able to count on for the last 5+ years.

• Damer
    DorothyMH thank you for raising this question. Darebee is in a constant state of development and evolution. From the way we research and write the guides we publish to the workouts and programs we bring out we are guided by the need to make everything accessible, easy to understand and as easy to use as possible. Daily Dare is no exception to this. We found through testing and the feedback we get from existing users that by simplifying the look of it we encouraged more people to participate. Similarly, the name, it appears was a little off-putting to newcomers who were looking for micro-workouts and micro-fitness exercises but assumed that anything with "Dare" in the name was going to be too challenging.

By making these small changes we lower the threshold barriers that newcomers, many of whom are still feeling pretty raw from the psychological damage wrought by the pandemic, are experiencing. This is still a trial to see if it works the way we expect it to. If it does, the change will stick. If it doesn't we will revert to the Daily Dare name. There is a lot of technical work happening in the background of all this but this sums up our rationale.

• DorothyMH
    started a topic Daily Dare to Exercise of the Day

Daily Dare to Exercise of the Day

neilarey Damer, can you guys elaborate on why the Daily Dare has had so many changes recently? Of particular interest, is the change in NAME to Exercise of the Day……?