Suggestion for future

• Who knows?
    May just do the half program and do combat for the cross training days.

• Who knows?
    CaptainCanuck Cheers. I had been mixing 30 days with codex but it wasn’t scratching my running itch in the right way

• CaptainCanuck
    You could also just combine two programs - 30 Days of Change and Combat HIIT for instance.

• Who knows?
    Thanks guys.

Baston I’ve looked at Boxer Prime but I’m definitely not a level 3 for fitness. Maybe in a year or so! Fighters codex is a challenge

Io6 I’m pretty new to combat. Really enjoyed the elements in Athena and have since completed combat hiit and I’m halfway through fighters codex. I feel like I’ve achieved a lot with running but miss it and want some decent distance training (more like half marathon level) while keeping some combat. I don’t really feel like I know how to balance the two hence asking. Figured I might not be the only one.

MissSmilla cheers. I did look at that but wasn’t sure what you’d add as the strength work plus it didn’t really give me the miles I’m after.

sorry - think the problem is that I want it all!
    Last edited by Who knows?; June 23, 2020, 02:41 PM. Reason: Spelt io6 wrong plus checked out boxers prime and saw its level 3 which I’m definitely not!

• MissSmilla
    There's even a running program specifically geared towards boxers: Roadwork

• Io6
    The two aren't mutually exclusive. Baston 's suggestion is good.
    Many fighters run 3-5 days a week (~5k) in addition to their other fight training. If you aren't sold on Boxer and given you're already at full marathon distances you could hybridised Marathon to your own goals and use combat workouts on the workout days.

• Baston
    Have you checked out the Boxer program? I seem to recall that had a fair amount of running in addition to the punching

• Who knows?
    started a topic Suggestion for future

Suggestion for future

So I’m really torn between how much I’m loving combat and wanting to start running training programmes. Would you add a running fighting program to the wish list please?