How Would You Rate My Modified Workout for Difficulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Would You Rate My Modified Workout for Difficulty?

More often than not, I modify the Darebee workouts that I do to increase the difficulty in order to bring them up to a challenge level that's suitable for me and make them more interesting. Depending on the workout and exercises in it, there are a few different ways I do this, whether it be adding dumbbells or wrist/ankle weights to the moves, performing more challenging variations of exercises, like decline versions of push-ups and planks, or even simply doubling, or at the very least increasing the number of repetitions for certain moves. I find this is usually enough to increase the difficulty on the 1-5 scale provided in the description by 1, sometimes even 2 points in my eyes, but I thought it would be interesting to see how some of you other bees would rate one of my amped up workouts in terms of how hard it is. The most recent one I did like this was the latest workout of the day; Jump Start, which I modified to be as follows:

*20 jumping jacks.
    *20 mountain climbers.
    *10 dumbbell renegade rows.
    *5 decline push-ups.
    *5 dumbbell jump squats.
    *20 sit-ups.

Also, for the exercises with dumbbells, I used 15lb weights in each hand, and as for the decline push-ups, the chair I put my feet up on was definitely a few feet off the ground, but not super high, like I'd guess less than 3, but I'm not completely sure. I did this workout on level 3 for all 7 sets and with only 30 seconds of rest in between for perspective. I still found it pretty easy overall honestly, but I'd say it was definitely a cut or two above the original version for how tough it was. I think I'd give it a 3/5 in terms of the Darebee difficulty scale personally, albeit a weaker one, because I'd say it was still easier for me than some of the harder bodyweight workouts of the same rating, or other ones that also use dumbells/equipment.

Anyway though, feel free to give my suped up version of the Jump Start workout a shot, and let me know what you think of it, as well as how you would rate it in terms of difficulty. Even if you don't have a minute to try it, I'm still interested in hearing your opinion on what you would rate it, so let me know what you think .

Hi, I noticed that workout you used as a base is difficulty 2. If it’s not challenging enough for you, have you tried workouts that are difficulty 3-5?

im not sure how darebee rates their workouts, as some of them are easier or harder for me, even they’re all the same difficulty rating. And I’ve read other people saying, like certain moves or workouts that I found easy, they had trouble with, or workouts I found very difficult was so easy for them. We all have our strengths and weaknesses so I have no idea how this could be judged objectively.

Comment

Hekewika Eh, that’s beside the point of why I made this post. I tried this workout today because I didn’t have anything else on my schedule and modified it as such to make it more challenging. I do workouts that are level 3 or higher all the time, and I modify those too for the reasons I mentioned before. I’m asking others to rate this just out curiosity. I think it could be judged objectively just in a general sense for what most people would find difficult or easy, which is how I’m assuming the ratings in the descriptions are assigned.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph MacDonald View Post
        I think I'd give it a 3/5 in terms of the Darebee difficulty scale personally
        I too with your modifications would give it a lv of difficulty 3.
        I usually do when I like the pattern of a workout but it is too easy to double the repetitions of each exercise and I do not rest between sets, it is a simple way without having to think too much or risk changing the meaning of the workout too much.

Comment

Working...
        X