Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are chin ups fine to do instead of pull ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are chin ups fine to do instead of pull ups?

gyms around my area are too costly for a student like me and there is no public pull-up bar around my area neither. the only thing i got is the pull-up bar at my apartment but its built into my door and because the door frame is not the widest, i can't do pull-ups on them unless i want my elbows to go through a door frame of metal. anyway, just wanted to ask if chin ups could work as a good alternative for the pull-ups since i really want to work those back muscles. and if so, how many chin-ups should be equivalent to a rep of a pull-up? if it somehow helps, my current fitness goal is just to try to be more athletic. i would really appreciate some help.

Yes, they are fine. There is a difference, but it is not as big as some people think. They will work your back just fine. Do not overthink, just do as many as you can or set up certain progression.

Comment

HellYeah alright! thanks!

Comment

Looks like your pull-up bar is mounted in the door-frame. There are others that are fixed 'through' the frame, that give you more freedom of movement and grips like this one.

Comment

Working...
        X