No announcement yet.

Critical we must save Darebee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw the critical status on the front page and saw the post in the hive.
    Of course i'm in
    Donation is done, happy little kittens.

Comment

In this thread, BongoFrog wrote: "I hope that once the emergency fund is filled people continue to donate, darebee relies on the donations so for anyone who can please still donate even if it's just $1".

I agree with this, of course, and was wondering if one plausible tool for that could be to display a progress bar not only for the emergency fund, but also for current and development.
      I know it's not entirely rational, but for me it was really nice to see that shortly after my donation, the percentage went up a little, and I guess other people felt the same. Maybe the same could work in non-emergency situations, as well.

Don't know who to tag in this, but Soloakel was tagged for the suggestions about bandwidth usage, so I hope this is okay, too.

Comment

I've been using Darebee for almost 5 years and I wish to use it again for the 5 next years. Donation completed.

Comment

I used Darebee a few years back and started again around half a year ago. I don't have much but I am more than willing to share it with Darebee since it helped me through some tough times. Donation complete! Keep up this amazing work.

Comment

I use it every single day. I had to donate back to something that has given me more than I could ever pay back.

Comment

96% the emergency fund we saved darebee

Comment

Originally posted by Soloakel View Post
                96% the emergency fund we saved darebee
                100% no. Go team! And keep the donations flowing.

Also, any tech-savvy people out there that could help with updating the site to lower bandwidth use? That might help, I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Pubaertus View Post

100% no. Go team! And keep the donations flowing.

Also, any tech-savvy people out there that could help with updating the site to lower bandwidth use? That might help, I dunno.
                  One thing that I noticed is the use of google analytics. Now, from an ethical standpoint, google analytics is not the best choice for monitoring your website, because they're essentially a giant botnet. But the question is, are the monitoring features something that the darebee team actually uses a lot? Because if not, maybe this could lighten the server load a little bit (regardless of the monitoring solution employed).

Comment

Originally posted by fosca View Post

One thing that I noticed is the use of google analytics. Now, from an ethical standpoint, google analytics is not the best choice for monitoring your website, because they're essentially a giant botnet. But the question is, are the monitoring features something that the darebee team actually uses a lot? Because if not, maybe this could lighten the server load a little bit (regardless of the monitoring solution employed).
                    Good idea butt we should make a goal to raise to the ok status let’s make that unicorn appear

Comment

Good idea butt we should make a goal to raise to the ok status let’s make that unicorn appear
                      yes definitely, I'm with you on that. I just thought that this might be something that could lower the costs a little bit, though I don't know by how much.

Comment

Darebee is no longer in critical!

Comment

Hey guys the status is still at very low I don’t want a similar critical so let’s go to ok status alright

Comment

Hey guys the status is still at very low I don’t want a similar critical so let’s go to ok status alright
                            Wow! A lot has happenned since I was last online! Good job guys, We're saving Darebee! I wanna see a unicorn too!

Comment

Originally posted by fosca View Post
                              In this thread, BongoFrog wrote: "I hope that once the emergency fund is filled people continue to donate, darebee relies on the donations so for anyone who can please still donate even if it's just $1".

I agree with this, of course, and was wondering if one plausible tool for that could be to display a progress bar not only for the emergency fund, but also for current and development.
                              I know it's not entirely rational, but for me it was really nice to see that shortly after my donation, the percentage went up a little, and I guess other people felt the same. Maybe the same could work in non-emergency situations, as well.

Don't know who to tag in this, but Soloakel was tagged for the suggestions about bandwidth usage, so I hope this is okay, too.
                              Yes! Darebee needs all the help it can get.

Comment

I was so glad to see Darebee hit Low status (opposed to Very Low and Critical)
                                Hopefully we can get to OK soon
                                Thank you to everyone who's donated so far to keep the site running!

Life savers the lot of you!

Comment

Working...
                                X