Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critical we must save Darebee

We are on critical I just saw the status we must save Darebee

Soloakel I seen but I have no way to help right now. I'm broke and my bank doesn't do digital transactions. I have a plan to get my mum to send money from me but I won't have that money for a long time yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakarot View Post
      Soloakel I seen but I have no way to help right now. I'm broke and my bank doesn't do digital transactions. I have a plan to get my mum to send money from me but I won't have that money for a long time yet.
      that’s fine just spread the word

Comment

I was able to contribute $10 and linked the office workouts to my HR department to send out, as our company theme this quarter is physical and mental wellness. If they send it out, it will be to roughly 1,000 employees.

Comment

That’s what I want to hear teamwork

Comment

I shared Darebee's post about the funding status on my facebook and on my fitness/accountability group on facebook as well~

Comment

Donating a $1 or $2 , or $5, is still helping out. I think sometimes when we think of donating, we think we have to give more. If everyone were to donate whatever they can, even if it's just $1, that's still all going to add up. It's like everything else on Darebee, it's about teamwork.

Comment

Finally managed to re-activate my paypal account and send a donation. Join me

Comment

Thanks for the kitten. I hope to see a unicorn soon.

Comment

I just recently came back to Darbee, and noticed the Critical situation! DONATED!

Comment

I use this site too much to not donate. I appreciate all they do.

Comment

Yo lesssss go! I wish I could help but I got no money! BTW: Status is still critical!

Comment

Hi Folks,

Shame to see this site at critical funding, but taking a quick look at the site settings there might be a few things you can do to quickly reduce bandwidth usage, and potentially things like bandwidth charges (or over-bandwidth charges) etc. If it does reduce it, it might mean you're able to reduce to a lesser server spec and save costs that way.

Not sure who this should go to so if anyone can tag-in the relevant member please do.

Set HTTP Cache Headers

- you can likely remove pragma: no-cache as it's essentially meaning any older browsers will request a fresh copy of all resources on every page load (e.g. images, html, JavaScript files)
                          - change from Cache-Control from no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 to something like Cache-Control: no-cache, private, max-age=1000 which will allow content to be cached within a browser for 1000 seconds
                          - you should likely also add X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN for an unrelated issue

You may want to set the cache for different asset types, and also check how this works with the forum part of the site, but I think you're with Liquidweb so they might be able to advise on some caching setup.

Ref: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/.../Cache-Control

Use a service such as CloudFlare.com

- They offer a free or paid service including caching, SSL certs, DDoS protection etc

Again if you're on Liquidweb check out https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/how-to-...-your-website/ as they're one of their 'Bandwidth Alliance' partners (see https://www.cloudflare.com/bandwidth...nce/liquidweb/)

This could further reduce your outgoing bandwidth and reduce charges, but may need some tweaking so it doesn't affect the forum or various parts of the site.

Host Static Content on a CDN

You could use a service such as https://www.digitalocean.com/products/spaces/ for a certain portion of your resources (e.g. PDFs, .zips, images) which could further reduce bandwidth depending on how much you currently use up. Looks like Digitalocean spaces charges $5 per month for 250GB of storage, 1TB of outbound transfer per month, then $0.01 per additional GB transferred after that.

Infrastructure changes might take some trial and error but depending on how much you're currently paying for hosting each month, changes like these could genuinely help you stay out of the critical zone for longer periods.

Comment

Originally posted by tomwoj View Post
                            Hi Folks,

Shame to see this site at critical funding, but taking a quick look at the site settings there might be a few things you can do to quickly reduce bandwidth usage, and potentially things like bandwidth charges (or over-bandwidth charges) etc. If it does reduce it, it might mean you're able to reduce to a lesser server spec and save costs that way.

Not sure who this should go to so if anyone can tag-in the relevant member please do.

Set HTTP Cache Headers

- you can likely remove pragma: no-cache as it's essentially meaning any older browsers will request a fresh copy of all resources on every page load (e.g. images, html, JavaScript files)
                            - change from Cache-Control from no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 to something like Cache-Control: no-cache, private, max-age=1000 which will allow content to be cached within a browser for 1000 seconds
                            - you should likely also add X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN for an unrelated issue

You may want to set the cache for different asset types, and also check how this works with the forum part of the site, but I think you're with Liquidweb so they might be able to advise on some caching setup.

Ref: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/.../Cache-Control

Use a service such as CloudFlare.com

- They offer a free or paid service including caching, SSL certs, DDoS protection etc

Again if you're on Liquidweb check out https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/how-to-...-your-website/ as they're one of their 'Bandwidth Alliance' partners (see https://www.cloudflare.com/bandwidth...nce/liquidweb/)

This could further reduce your outgoing bandwidth and reduce charges, but may need some tweaking so it doesn't affect the forum or various parts of the site.

Host Static Content on a CDN

You could use a service such as https://www.digitalocean.com/products/spaces/ for a certain portion of your resources (e.g. PDFs, .zips, images) which could further reduce bandwidth depending on how much you currently use up. Looks like Digitalocean spaces charges $5 per month for 250GB of storage, 1TB of outbound transfer per month, then $0.01 per additional GB transferred after that.

Infrastructure changes might take some trial and error but depending on how much you're currently paying for hosting each month, changes like these could genuinely help you stay out of the critical zone for longer periods.

Soloakel

Comment

tomwoj Thanks for the tips my guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X