Mental Wellness Chat Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mental Wellness Chat Room

This Chat Room is a place to discuss our mental well-being while trying our best to stay physically active, to eat healthy, and to balance life & it's stressors.
    It's primarily meant for support so please keep it kind, and try to be sympathetic towards other members.

I'd just like to say, as a long COVID person, the daily challenges have helped me keep my sense of hope and self and gives me small achievements which help stave off what can be a very depressing state of affairs. They aren't too difficult or long but they give me a chance to feel like I've accomplished something physical. This site is such a blessing. Thank you.

Comment

Carla, I agree with you. This site truly is a blessing! I’m on just day one and I already feel a bit more energized from eating small healthy meals from the Abs meal plan! There is definitely a feeling of accomplishment and I am grateful for the sense of belonging that the community here on the Hive bring. Darebee has already helped me both physically and mentally and it’s just day one! I’m so glad to hear it’s been such a positive experience for you as well

Comment

fit_mamma Carla Stewart, Welcome to the Hive. Mental health is definitely a part of our “holistic health.” Thank you for staring this thread.

Comment

How is everyone feeling today? I'm struggling a bit. January is a difficult month for me because I have what I call "trauma-versaries" (it's actually January through the end of Spring that is a rough time of the year). Working out has really helped me to elevate some of the stress though! Hugs to anyone else having a rough day today.

Comment

Today has been pretty good. I exercised this morning. My wife & I went for a walk after lunch. After that I talked the phone, to our 5 yr old grandson about the NFL game between the Chicago Bears & New Orleans Saints. He loves the Bears. Listening to him was pretty funny.
            I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

PETERMORRIS966 I’m glad to hear you’ve had a good day today My husband and son watched the game today too! It’s so sweet to see them bond over something they both love. Thank you for the encouragement, it means a lot!

Comment

My mental health is on the decline in the current situation i must admit, with coronavirus and lockdown but im maintaing somehow with my friends and family, playing videogames, ,regular excercise and a good diet..Things always change so this wont last forever too. Being gratefull for things i have helped me a lot ,as long i have something to eat,somewhere to sleep i am ok rest is luxury for me guess i am pretty simple

Comment

Setsti Sounds like you are doing your best.

Comment

Hi all. I'm in a situation at the moment that is a huge anxiety trigger for me. I'm struggling to remember that I HAVE to eat more than oatmeal, I HAVE to rest, and that my thoughts right now are not always the best reflection of reality. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but it's three months away. Any kind words will be much appreciated. I hope y'all are having a good night!

Comment

Hi AquaMarie, having struggled with GAD and PTSD for a while now, I can empathize with your situation. Are you aware of any coping skills and/or grounding techniques for when there are triggers? Also, there is an app called Mindshift that I highly recommend. I hope that you find moments of peace and calm in this rough time, and I'm glad to hear that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Take it day by day, hour by hour, or minute by minute. I know with anxiety that three months can seem like a lifetime, but you are so strong and I know you can do it!

Comment

PETERMORRIS966 yes i like to think so, count my blessings and do my best every day,

Comment

fit_mamma hello! I've been seeing a therapist for a few months for anxiety, and I have a few good techniques to help when I have panic attacks. This situation is just a doozy for me, though, and I'm still a beginner when it comes to more long-term coping techniques, if that makes sense? Anxiety attacks only last a few minutes, but three months does feel like forever

I'll definitely look into mindspace. Given you're the third person to remind me to take it day by day, I might write that on the bathroom mirror to remember it, too Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
                          X