Thank you Ironborn and Darebee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Ironborn and Darebee

I opened up this Create New Content tab, stared at it, and left it blank for the last 24 hours without knowing where to begin to type. But like always, the first step is to start with anything. Here it goes.

August 16th, 2017, after a nice, warm baby shower party for a good friend, I was standing outside of a hotel, on a sidewalk under the heat of the scorching sun. Shocking, speechless, my soon to be wife, who I asked the most important question just 1 week ago, now screamed in my face "you are the most negative person in my life and I have no interest in you anymore". There it is, another broken heart, and it destroyed every part of my confidence, but at the same time, it's the turning point of my life.

Over the next few weeks from the event, my head constantly hearing my little devil inner voice louder than ever, showing random negative feedback from the past of how low I have become. I would wake up and stayed up all night at 2-3 AM, grabbing alcohol to stop the inner voice. At the time before and after my ex, I weighted around 215 lbs, I liked to joke around with "I eat for tomorrow", giving me an excuse to eat until there's no food left on the table.

Before the turning point, I went occasionally to the gym, followed some Youtube videos, doing HIIT here and there but no progress. How inexperienced am I, a friend of mine almost called 911 to save me in the gym when I tried to lift the heavyweight while holding my breath in. My eyes rolled backward, everything turned dark, but I quickly gained conscious after resting for 5 minutes. My gym life wasn't a fun experience. After the experience, I went on google and searched for a home workout easy to follow. It took a couple of searches before landing on Darebee. And, Darebee stayed in my favorites folder since then.

As the sleepless nights continued, I said to myself that I had to do something about this inner voice. And I came up with two things: workout, and seeing a psychologist. A friend of mine then after many months, he told me the first time I started running, he couldn't stop laughing because of my stomach flapping up and down. When I visited my parents, their friend came over for the party seeing me and just blatantly pointed out: "he can't do it because he's fat".

My workout journey started in my room with very limited space as I wasn't ready to go to the gym and just a few pushups in the beginning. I would do a lot of pushup until exhaustion to simply get rid of the inner voice and fell asleep on the floor. As I got stronger, I needed to have a plan for my workout. But I didn't have enough money to buy expensive plans from different sources and they are too confusing anyway, also gym wasn't a good choice. That's when I went back to Darebee and picked the Ironborn program. I just thought the name IronBorn was cool, and I already have a set of adjustable dumbbells. For that next 3 months, I kept repeating the Ironborn program. As I got stronger, I took on daily challenges from Darebee, I did two programs in a day, one after another.

As for the psychologist, I went to see them for professional insight. I was lucky to have the best psychologist to help me realize the importance of self-love. During the sessions, one of the techniques that were recommended is to get myself hypnotized to remove the memory. I respectfully refused as I wanted to leave the scar of August 16th in my life to continuously remind myself of the journey.

What's my diet during Ironborn? Every day I would have morning: oatmeal, water, and banana; lunch: smoothie consists of spinach, kale, half banana, half avocado, whey protein, spirulina, apple, honey; dinner: unlimited vegetables, chicken breast. My cheat days: 2 slices of pizza, or hotdogs, or hamburger.

In 3 months, I dropped from 220 lbs to 180 lbs, and 165 lb in the next 3 months. As we are near the end of my story, since Darebee Ironborn, I went to apply for the police academy and was in the top 5 out of 50 candidates in the fitness tests. I took on Muaythai, bodyweight ring workout, hiking, kayaking, competed in different competitions, etc. The point is I was able to push myself to do things I couldn't before.
    And for my relationships, I met a few amazing ladies in my life after my ex. With enough self-respect, and knowing what I want in my life, I was strong enough to put a stop of the relationship before it went too far, enough to hurt both of us. It's just that guts feeling after so many broken hearts, you will know when to stop even when everything is going smoothly. But for now, I've found the right one.

If you are still reading, thank you for staying with my long post. We are still in lockdown in Hawaii, and I just thought that my story can help someone out there who's struggling with life.

After my weight loss, friends and families all came to ask me for advice. My advice to them: Darebee, and drink veggie smoothie. Honestly, I paid more money in the past 2 years into the gym, hiring a fitness coach, expensive programs, annually fitness apps. All of them give good results, but why pay when you can get everything with Darebee. I paid for those programs and to make the comparison just to make a point for my friends.

As for the friend who made fun of me, he's still overweight. And my parents' friend, she paid so much money for this Asian technique using needles made out of bamboo to withdraw blood and lose weight. It helped, but after she stopped doing it, her weight came back 2x and she was more obese than before. The point here is to not take the shortcut, there are no magic pills. Trust me, I bought those social media magic pills. And none of them worked without a proper diet, and workout plans. But if you do have a good diet, and workout plans, you don't need the magic pills anyway. You are the magic pill!

Now in lockdown, my ongoing program is the 10 minutes a day (with high intensity) that leave me in pain for days. Whenever I hit a plateau or got bored with my workout program, Darebee is always there to dare me.

P/S: years passed and I met my ex again, she already forgot and denied that she ever said such hurtful thing to me. Point taken, the person who hurt you don't care, only us carrying it on and harm our body further. I'm glad I took positive action and treated myself differently to get positive results.

Thank you all, especially Darebee teambefore and afterClick image for larger version

Name:	52029170_2317535341904770_4483844113543725056_n.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	729283
    Attached Files

Originally posted by sonyho2721 View Post
    my parents' friend, she paid so much money for this Asian technique using needles made out of bamboo to withdraw blood and lose weight. It helped, but
    I don´t know what the fuck to say. I stopped reading there to look into that but I can´t even find it on Google.

What the actual fuck.

Also, congratulations on everything. I have also experienced that "hey dear friend, give me advice now, half a year after joking about you" thing. Pretty annoying, but still nice to see how they stop being stupid and take you seriously. Anyone improving its life thanks to me is an improvement for myself too, and hope your friends are doing well.

PS. I agree on everything said on Ironborn. Best program on the site by far. My first one was Avatar Upgrade, and after that I have done IB three times.

Comment

Awesome transformation! Good job and good luck with your future goals

Comment

you don't need the magic pills anyway. You are the magic pill!
        This.

Comment

Wow, such an inspirational story!

Comment

IronBorn really is a cool name.. and then now the Xpress tone.. 2 programs that can be endlessly repeated forever..

The point here is to not take the shortcut, there are no magic pills. Trust me, I bought those social media magic pills. And none of them worked without a proper diet, and workout plans. But if you do have a good diet, and workout plans, you don't need the magic pills anyway. You are the magic pill!
            Bang on with the magic pill..

Comment

Working...
            X