Run/walk across the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run/walk across the US

Has anyone done a walking/running program for kids that incorporates trails, routes, apps, mileage logs, etc.? Looking for ideas for my distance learning PE unit.

Have you looked at the World Walking app?

Comment

There's a US map option on Runs of the World. There's a membership fee, though.

Comment

Depending on kids age you could do the walk to Mordor thing. You go even go a little more RPG with it and have orc battles and stuff like that as land marks correlate with the movie.

Comment

There's actually someone here doing that exact challenge! Tagging ShadowStar2020. I love his check-in thread, especially seeing the circle of distance grow bigger each day. I guess it's not a single route, since you could theoretically walk in any direction from your starting point, but I imagine someday the entire US could be covered by the circle.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words calendula. I use the MapMyWalk app to record and map all of my walks and hikes. You could set up fun challenges and rewards for your PE class for most distance, duration, pace, steps, or elevation gain even. I just reached 100 miles in one month today as well.

Comment

Working...
            X