stress eating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stress eating

i stress eat a lot at work any tips? i am a correctional officer so i cant just walk away.. im thinking some desk workouts or something..

If you're in corrections, you need to find a different manner of dealing with the stress. Desk exercises? Sure, those will work. You can also create a new habit where you deal with stress. If you limit the access you have to food and you don't take money (elimininate the vending machines as an option), you'll simply not have food as your issue.

Or take food that's healthy. Celery and peanut butter is a way to eat while stressed that will be healthier compared to Twinkies or sugar or salt. Eating is okay; it's about what you eat.

Comment

I was working in airport operations for most of the past decade, pretty stressful. It was part of what made me gain 100 pounds. A lot of it comes down to breaking habits I found. So the first days are the hardest to break out of habits. If you can get past the first days though it gets a lot easier.

Comment

I stress eat a lot too. One trick I learned is make it EASIER and QUICKER to access healthy snacks, because personally the excuse I'll give myself when stressed is that I'm too TIRED to cook.

That said, I feel like this is a temporary solution as best, as you work towards better coping skills than eating. Otherwise you're bound to start associating healthy food with stress and that's gonna backfire eventually.

Comment

Working...
        X