Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely agree Io6

Comment

Well, that´s a terrible thread to open. Best Star Wars movie? Either New Hope or Empire Strikes Back. Everything after the orig trig went steeply downhill. JarJar, the senate hearings, Anakin behaving like a crazy person. Did I mention JarJar?
      I don´t even consider the movies made by Disney as part of the franchise. Maybe if they had went with Abrams plan for the third trilogy things could have been better.

Also, what the hell is wrong with the Empire´s Strategic Inventions Department? How come nobody has any ideas except for "Build a Death Star! Or a bigger one! Or an even bigger one! More Death Stars!"

Comment

Nihopaloa Lol, that's true. Although it never actually imposed that kink on me even though it's my favourite, but I have to admit, she did wear it well hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
          Last Jedi is my favorite.

I like all of them, but one thing that bothered me in all of them is that there was this bloodline, and that people could not be heroes unless they were related to some other person.

Last Jedi was the only one that took this and turned it on its side and said anybody can be the hero. I thought that it was an empowering message until they wrote over it in episode 9.
          I totally agree. I also love Star Wars (I won't call it anything else, it was Star Wars when I saw it in the theater when I was 12 and I'm sticking with it) and Empire Strikes Back. But I really liked the darkness in Last Jedi and the message that the Force could be in anyone and it's disappointing that they would just dump that in the last movie. And, although it wasn't a movie, The Mandalorian was very good, way better than I expected.

Comment

I liked the mandolorian even though its not a movie

Comment

417670 Yeah, I loved the Mandolorian too. Honestly, I'd say that it was definitely the best thing to come out of the franchise since Disney bought the rights, and I'd put it right up there with some of my favourite films in the series.

Comment

Sirunknown The Force Awakens was pretty good, although I wouldn't put it up there as one of the best in the series just because I found it dragged on a little bit too much by the end, plus it also felt a little derivative of A New Hope and oh yeah? I didn't love the Rise of Skywalker, but I liked it okay and I thought that it was pretty decent overall. I found that it did feel for lack of a better term, fanfictiony though, especially with what they did with Darth Sidious, even though I was alright with that reveal, so I can understand why some might not like it.

Comment

CaptainCanuck Like I mentioned in the first post, I don't really like the Last Jedi all that much (a big part of that is because of Luke Skywalker's characterization, I found he was just such a grumpy old bastard, I mean seriously, he reminded me of that one uncle that nobody wants to talk to at the family reunion hahaha) but I can understand your reasoning there. The whole bloodline idea wasn't really something that ever bothered me in the other films though, and I was actually really disappointed at the idea of Rey's parents just being nobodies, if only because of all the interesting theories that were floating around regarding their identity before it came out, so I was personally glad that it was undone in the Rise of Skywalker.

Comment

Joseph MacDonald It's all good, it is a work of fiction after all, and thus open to some interpretation.

Comment

Baston I guess that's kind of in a similar vein to me usually liking the grand finales of the trilogies the best hahaha, although the Rise of Skywalker is the exception to that rule (still liked it okay though). As for the Last Jedi getting better each time you watch it, even though I'm not the biggest fan of that film, I can actually agree with that, although in my case it was more like me going from "I really don't like this" the first time to "that wasn't as bad as I thought, but it was still meh" the second time lol.

Comment

A New Hope would be my favorite. Its where it all started . . .

Comment

Milkman 4 abs Oh yeah, it was a perfect start to a great series!

Comment

Working...
                          X