What's Your Favorite Star Wars Movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Your Favorite Star Wars Movie?

I've been thinking about Star Wars a fair bit lately after I rewatched A New Hope last weekend, and since I know there are probably plenty of other fans of the series on the Hive, here's a question for you; what's your favorite film in the series? I like all of them with the exception of the Last Jedi, but as for my favorite, I'd have to say it's a toss up between Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith (I guess I just liked the grand finales for trilogies hahaha). I also really like A New Hope, the Empire Strikes Back and even though it's not a movie, the Mandolorian was also something that I was a big fan of.

I always said, and will always say that episode 5 (Empire strikes back) is the only good one. But I'm not that fan to be honest. For some reason, sci-fi has always been the genre I've hated the most my whole life.

Comment

I'm with JMed on this one, Empire Strikes Back is the best one (and it's episode 2, f'ck that new tacked on number system). I was a huge Star Wars fan in my teenage years, watched the trilogy almost weekly, read every book, played all the games (but didn't buy any merchandise) and I was devastated when I watched the new 'Episode 1'. I tried to watch 'Episode 2', too, but got not even through half the film because it was so unbelievable awful.
      Nowadays, after Lucas sold out to Disney I just hope they would finally let the franchise die a mercy death (although I wouldn't even say any more it has deserved it), but it's a money press for Disney and it's probably not happening anytime soon.
      All I ever wanted to see was Timothy Zahn's trilogy on film, seeing Talon Karrde, Admiral Thrawn and Mara Jade in action, but they took that from us.
      I've been all kinds of salty since 'Episode 1' and I could never get back into the franchise again (Knights of the old Republic was the last good entry to the franchise).
      X-Wing was the best Star Wars game ever, period.
      And now, after all those years, I'm mad

Comment

Last Jedi is my favorite.

I like all of them, but one thing that bothered me in all of them is that there was this bloodline, and that people could not be heroes unless they were related to some other person.

Last Jedi was the only one that took this and turned it on its side and said anybody can be the hero. I thought that it was an empowering message until they wrote over it in episode 9.

Comment

I liked The Force Awaken the best. Rise of the skywalker is my least favorite.

Comment

I'd say EMPIRE STRIKES BACK is the best, followed by LAST JEDI, which gets better the more I watch it. I guess I like the messed-up middle installments, haha.

Comment

JMed I actually really like science fiction myself, but yeah, the Empire Strikes Back is one of my favourite Star Wars movies too. Maybe 2nd to Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith.

Comment

Return of the Jedi all the way. It's got the Sarlacc (I've taken my kids to see Ant lions (Lacewings) that use a similar system...then discussed that you couldn't be digested alive over more than ~3 day) and the best piece of acting in the whole series where the beast master cries after Luke slaughters the Rancor in Jabba's palace. I make the kids freeze frame on that too = parenting done right!

Comment

Return of the Jedi. It was the first one I watched (all though that before they released the prequel trilogy). Rogue 1 is also awesome.

Comment

I think Return of the Jedi is remarkable alone for impressing a very specific kink on a whole lot of people (I'm talking about Leia's golden bikini-thingy. Not Jabba the Hut)

Comment

Leia strangling Jabba with the chain was pretty awesome Nihopaloa . That right there is a character getting shit done. Never understood Luke being the main character, no strength of purpose. Without magic- if he was enslaved and stuck in a gold bikini, he would still be hanging out in Jabbas palace trying to learn some dance moves.

Comment

Io6 Well Luke was raised in a farm and Leia was brought up in a political environment that put her at risk so she had to learn how to fight.

Comment

I get that Leia would have received formal fight training Amirsh , but I spend a lot of time with farmers and worked directly in Agriculture for over 10yrs. Farmers are some of the smartest, best informed people I know. Even the young ones would have listened to Obi-wan and stuck with Yoda the first time. Skills and technology acquisition is the name of the game.

Comment

Io6 Farming has changed over the years and throughout different planets. And all Luke could think about was becoming a pilot. He probably wanted a quick success like after he blew up the death star.

Comment

Definitely agree with you there Amirsh , sucking at something is hard, it takes a special sort to appreciate the pay off of turning up everyday looking only to suck just a *tiny* bit less. Quick success is like sugar, good for short term motivation but you need something more substantial to keep going.

Comment

Working...
                              X