Unusual Fitness Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if it's unusual, but the thing I would like the most would be wider wrists and knees. For some reason, despite of being on the wide side of body types, my wrists and knees are skinnier than I want them to be, but you can't workout bones, so that's a sad point for me.

I wish I chose to be a farmer or wood worker instead of being a sad programmer, haha.

Comment

Nihopaloa Yeah, I can definitely relate to you there hahaha. That's definitely one of my many motivations for exercising as well. I've gotten to the point where I think that I look good with clothes on, but naked? That's still a work in progress lol, but I'm getting there!

I wouldn't mind being able to do a human flag someday either, that'd be pretty badass. As for your secret goal, I completely understand that. I see so many men and women like that who are just so out of shape and completely complacent with being lazy couch potatoes with no desire to change that or ambition to better themselves, which is something that I not only think is sad, but I just flat out don't understand it and think it's a waste of your life and potential. I'm in a similar sort of position when it comes to wanting to inspire others, especially because people like me (I hate being called a nerd for personal reasons, so I'll describe myself as an intellectual) usually tend to neglect their physical health to varying extents, so I like being able to prove that you can be both smart and strong if you work hard enough, and that the two things actually go together like peanut butter and chocolate, not oil and water. It actually looks like I might have a big opportunity to do this now too because I was talking to my best friend yesterday (he's really thin, but out of shape) about exercising, and he said he'd like to start soon. I told him I'd be more than happy to help, so hopefully I can show him the true wonders of fitness!

Comment

JMed That is a bit unusual hahaha. I've never really paid much attention to my wrists and knees truth be told, mostly just everything else with most of my attention going towards my upper body, as most men tend to do.

Nothing wrong with being a programmer, but I get ya hahaha. I think that being a farmer or woodworker would be pretty cool, although I'm perfectly happy with pursuing my career as a white collar businessman. I actually tried studying programming in school before I transferred into my current program, but it wasn't exactly my strong point and I didn't do too hot in most of my courses lol. It was only once I started studying business that I managed to find what I was good at and turn my grades around, which was one of the best things that I ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph MacDonald View Post
          I've never really paid much attention to my wrists and knees truth be told
          I guess not everyone looks at it the same way, and I think that I tend to overlook those things cause of the Karate. Once you start punching and kicking things you can realize pretty fast where your weaker point is, haha.

Comment

JMed I've never done martial arts before, so I don't know a whole lot about that sort of thing, but yeah, that makes sense.

Comment

Unusual fitness goals can be fun! A flat butt isn't that weird- I'm in the exact opposite camp, but everyone wants different things from their bodies and as long as it doesn't negatively impact you, it's a valid goal. In the back of my head, I've always thought it would pretty fun to do squats/deadlifts and work on my nutrition until my thighs and waist were nearly the same circumference. They're only about 5" difference right now- 28" vs. 33". Though I also can't find jeans that fit as it is, so I would have to embrace leggings as pants forever. Or skirts, I suppose.

(More practically, I've definitely done cardio in the past so I can more effectively run away from NPCs at LARPs, or be able to do all the stairs in that castle for a whole day and night, three days in a row. Medieval stairs do not mess around.)

Comment

JMed ... ever try to block with your palm and catch their limb in the space between your thumb and fingers?
                Hurts for a while - days, WEEKS, even. My thumb is comfortably up against my fingers, since. Lesson learned.

As for your wish for a totally flat butt ... age will do that for you. Just wait a few decades. Or isn't that quite the look you are seeking?

Comment

DaithiMeyer I bet hahaha, although I'm barely into my 20's, so it'll be a long time before age flattens my bum completely lol. On the bright side, my exercising seems to be doing a great job of that and it seems to get flatter and flatter each month. I think I might be transferring all of the mass into my quads, because it seems like they keep growing as my butt shrinks hahaha .

Comment

I thought of another odd one, though not exactly fitness. At one point in my life I managed to make 31 straight free throws while shooting by myself in the basketball gym. The problem is that I can't really remember if it was 31, 37 or 41, so I would like to make another decent run at it and remove the asterisk in my head.

Not really fitness though, as it is more of a mind game by that point.

Comment

Working...
                    X