Unusual Fitness Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Fitness Goals

Something I realized after I did today's Daily Dare of 30 one legged bridges and posted about it was that one of my fitness goals (getting a completely flat butt) is a bit unusual and not something that I've heard a whole lot of other people talk about aiming for, just because most people would probably want to get a bigger butt, whereas that's not really something that appeals to my tastes personally.

That made me wonder, does anyone else have any fitness goals that are unconventional or unique? If so, what are they?

Joseph MacDonald I am not actively working towards it any more, but back in the fall when I was going to the gym regularly, I used to juggle on top of a bosu ball. I used to do it for 3 minutes, and it was my goal to make it through the whole time without stopping. One time I made it to 2:50, but I don't practice it much any more.

Comment

Achieving a feminine figure

Comment

CaptainCanuck Damn, that sounds like it'd require some serious balance and coordination, especially for an extended period of time. Mananaging that for almost 3 minutes is quite impressive. Even moreso in my opinion than doing some challenging exercises for the same amount of time that I've tried before, like a wall hand stand or decline plank!

Comment

Vicious'Saint Hmm, what do you mean by that exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph MacDonald View Post
            That made me wonder, does anyone else have any fitness goals that are unconventional or unique? If so, what are they?
            Gone are my old triathlon or mt. bike/motorcycle competition goals (which used to drive my training for years).

Now at my senior level...Not unconventional, nor unique I am sure, but I love to share if I may:

Go up stairs without heavy breathing. (getting better every month)
            Lose weight, move better with less effort. Increase flexibility. Better heart health! (work in progress)
            Return to my former ability to bicycle 100 miles in a day. I have returned to 100km "in a go" ability in my 4 months here...more work to do.
            Big Bonus! Play with Grandchildren more actively as they get larger AND faster!

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph MacDonald View Post
              Vicious'Saint Hmm, what do you mean by that exactly?
              I'm a transgender woman who both can't afford and doesn't have access to hormone replacement therapy, and currently is living a double life inside the closet. Most men I get around with always talk about bulking up, but since I'm not a man, bulking up like that is a nightmare fuel for me. It's quite unusual when I say nonchalantly (as a guy) that I'm ok with looking like a woman and people don't know that I am one. There's also the fact that only like 0.00001% of guys in Venezuela don't mind about androgynous men, whereas the rest aren't really the most understanding.

Comment

As a guy and an introvert I just want attention from girls (god that sounds shallow) but as an anime fan I always wanted to look like Goku but recently my thoughts have changed, I got into the sword art online anime and now I want to be a swordsman.

Comment

Vicious'Saint Ohhhh okay. I didn't know that, but I completely understand. I wish you luck with achieving it, because I know as well as anyone how important feeling comfortable in your own skin is for one's confidence and well being. Luckily though, I think that exercise is one of the best ways to achieve that!

Comment

Kakarot I can definitely relate to that, because even though I'm pretty popular and well known for being outgoing at school right now, when I first started exercising again, I was an introverted misfit in the class I was in at that time, and yeah, one of my main motivations was to try and impress this girl that I had a huge crush on. I don't think it's shallow honestly or that there's anything wrong with it, it's just human nature. I'm not an anime fan myself, but I know what you mean when it comes to wanting to look like someone. For me that was and still is Sylvester Stallone, but I'd say that I ended up looking more like a slightly smaller, less toned version of Chris Pratt, although I'm perfectly okay with that hahaha. As for you wanting to be a swordsman, I think that's awesome and I can relate to that too. I actually used to be a fencer, and a pretty solid one too, although it's been a long time since I've picked up the sword. I am thinking of getting back into it though!

Comment

I don't have the most unusual fitness goals, to be honest. Usually, when the question comes up why I started to work on my body I reply with "I want to look good naked". That's mostly it.
                      Secretly, though, I want to be able to do a human flag some day to the extent that I can do that almost everywhere. And, even though it might sound a bit mean, I dream of building the absolute best physique I can achieve to mog the sh*t out of other women in the hopes to inspire them to get off their butts and do something with their own selves. Honestly, I see so many people out there who completely let go of themselves and spend huge amounts of effort on justifying themselves while almost bullying others who try to better themselves all in a futile attempt to feel better, when they could just use the time to put in some work. I know it's hard and I know it's not always fun, but damn, I'd wish they at least would make an attempt.
                      In short, a secret fitness goal is to inspire others to get fit themselves.

Comment

Well, although my main goal is to just be more fit in general, I kind of want to look more masculine (as a trans person), and I've heard that certain types of exercise can help with that, especially since I can't be on hormones rn

Comment

Originally posted by Nihopaloa View Post
                          I dream of building the absolute best physique I can achieve to mog the sh*t out of other women in the hopes to inspire them to get off their butts and do something with their own selves.
                          Damn, this is powerful to me. That's how I felt when I had enough of crying and doing nothing about being born a man.

Bullies never know what it takes. And the best way to shut them up is to reach your goals and prove that you are so much better than them.

Comment

Vicious'Saint I couldn't agree more. Even though I'm in really good shape, it's still not uncommon for me to be massively underestimated when it comes to my physical prowess, which I think is because I'm on the shorter side, and my clothes sometimes hide how muscular I actually am and make me look pretty average. This is all in spite of the fact that I'm actually a lot stronger than the average man, sometimes even moreso than men that both tower over and considerably outweigh me. I honestly have a bit of a chip on my shoulder because of this, and that's why wanting to tear down the balcony of anyone that ever looked down on me is one of the main driving powers behind why I exercise.

Comment

Sure I like to look good. But if I'm honest my relationship with my physical self has shifted over the last 10yrs. My body has pulled through for me and I'm deeply greatful for its endurance and capacity to heal. My 'fitness goals' focus on maintaining and developing my physical capabilities- supporting my body so it can keep supporting me. Life is full of shit hitting the fan, if you're lucky you can get up and keep representing.

Comment

Working...
                              X