Starting from Zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting from Zero

Hi everyone! Very happy to be here, I used to be physically fit but now it has been years since I did a workout, and I have become quite weak and get tired very fast. Before I used to go to a gym but then I wonder now can one get fit without paying membership and that's how I found darebee, Now my goal here is that I want to start from the most basic up to the most difficult program. My question is if you all have had results from only the resources here or do you also do other programs workouts and challenges besides the one here?

Royr1.lcm A lot of people get fit just by using Darebee, and it is a great resource. I would say more so that as people get fit, that their new condition opens up new options to them, and they become a lot more interested in other stuff. So if you look at people's check-in threads you will see tonnes who are doing and are interested in all kinds of stuff - martial arts, dance, climbing, cycling, bird watching ... the list goes on.

I suggest you get into some of the check-in threads (and even subscribe to some of them) and see what every one is up to.

The staff on the site are pretty good with check-in threads and other fitness resources as well. They understand that fitness doesn't have one set of rules for every one, but that people need to find their own way to live the kind of life that they want, so as long as there is no hard promotions going on that they are accepting. There are also some threads dedicated to specific exercises, and generally lots of great information all around on the forums.

Comment

Hi Royr1.lcm and Welcome to the Hive. I have been doing calisthenics at home for about 15 years and the last 4 exclusivly Darebee. Now I try something different for a year or two (Convict Conditioning), but still do the Daily Dares and the 4 minute warm up. My personal favourites apart from Darebee are Al Kavadlo, Ross Enamait and Jeff Cavaliere

Comment

Hi Royr1.lcm, I'm pretty new to Darebee too and I am so happy to have found it. I used to do HIIT daily before my spinal cord surgery and now that I am trying to recover I had to find something less intense to start with. In addition to starting Darebee yesterday, I have been using Barre for balance work and 7-minute routines for cardio/strength which I think I am going to replace by my Darebee challenges and programs. There are lots of nice apps for both Barre and 7-minute routines - for the past few weeks, I have been using Down Dog (iOS and Android) and it includes Yoga, HIIT, 7-minute workouts and Barre. There is a nice free trial through August and a discount for the first year. For a start-over beginner like me, The combination of Down Dog and Darebee will be great. Good luck to you.

Comment

Welcome!! Hope you have a great experience here - I have been using Darebee for my bodyweight exercises for about a month and have seen a really huge change in my body composition, energy levels, and even stress throughout the day. Some of the exercises in my program (Age of Pandora) were completely new to me, but the videos helped guide me through them, and I think that's been one of the benefits... just learning how to move my body in new and different ways. Beyond this, I have also used the app Dadalo mentioned, Down Dog, for yoga practice and the 7-minute workout. I hike, backpack, and jog as well when the mood strikes me.

I think that you'll be able to find something appropriate to any type of fitness goal or level of strength on this site. And I have definitely found that after doing Darebee exercises for about a month, regular daily activities or even weekend hikes have become a lot easier. Good luck and can't wait to read your check-in thread!

Comment

If you were physical fit before, you're not starting from zero because you understand the work and effort it takes to get into shape. Also, if you can walk, you're starting at 1. If you can do a single push-up or three sit-ups, you're really starting from 2 because you have a level of fitness.

Use as many resources as you can get your hands on and do the ones that bring you joy. That's the most efficient work-out with the best success: Having fun.

Comment

Working...
            X