Shelter In Place/Quarantine and working out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelter In Place/Quarantine and working out

With the shelter in place/quarantine, a lot of us can't get in the gym now or the gyms have closed. With that, for those of us working out at home, what's you're current go to workout or program you're doing at the moment to stay motivated? Mine right now is Military Fit Plus(doing it for the second time, 1st time was last summer) since I have dumbells and a training sandbag at home.

TL;dr Every time I study the workout courses and programs it keeps me motivated to keep on Darebee.

In my case - I just started here last month, have been doing a pair of programs at a time (started with Baseline and Ironborn), now on Totals and Epic Five. I am also adding individual dumbbell workouts in a couple times a week, also some 'katana' work a couple times a week. I >need< to do more balance and flexibility (I am old) and lacking in these areas a bit.

And I want to go out and bicycle more, but full time weekday work prevents this, and being old don't want to ride in the rain we have been having lol...

Anyway, sorry for long answer to the question. Enjoy your training!

Comment

We built a home gym on February - so the shelter in place actually hasn't affected our household too much - but for years prior I didn't want to pay gym fees... hence the Darebee membership, and all the badges

Comment

Before, I would usually work out at home, outside (weather permitting), and (sometimes if certain equipment may be needed or weather was bad) at the little gym that's part of my resident member package via vis my apartment complex. I also recently started attending a krav maga gym. Around two weeks ago, my apartment opted to shut down all community events and spaces, including the gym, and shortly there after, my krav maga gym stopped holding classes. For a little bit I couldn't do anything just because of stress and the wishy-washy aspect of time until I finally told my work that I would be self-isolating as possible.

Luckily, my gym has several online groups and they're now putting out various daily krav maga and kickboxing themed video classes (some interactive) and I'm participating in one daily (health permitting), doing one to two yoga videos today (depending on my mental health), taking part in two Darebee programs, and walking my dog daily.

... I know, I know, it's a lot, but without working 35-40 hours a week that normally puts me on my feet 8+ relatively active hours a day, I threaten to get antsy even more than I normally do (I can't quite stay still for long physically, even if I'm naturally a little more introverted).

Comment

Working...
        X