Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wearable Weights

Hello there.
    I seriously thinking about buying ankle/wrist weights to do workouts. Maybe about 5kg each, 'cause my biceps curl working weight is ~20kg.
    But first, want to hear more opinions about it.
    So who knows more about them? Who tried them? Is it comfortable? How big is the risk of injury? Any other thoughts or ideas?

They aren't necessarily comfortable, though I haven't experienced discomfort with them. I use them mostly for ankles.

I think if used properly that the risk is low.

Comment

I know many won't agree with me on this...however I have had success jogging in heavy work boots. I don't go far, just a couple of km's but I also added very good quality insoles into the boots to make them feel more like an athletic shoe. I learned to run in boots in the Army and I only do this when I am at work at lunch hour. I work in a dirty factory, so I am not concerned about sweat, I will get sweaty anyways at work. Now this being said, please be mindful of how your feet, ankles, knees and hips and back feel...if you get too sore doing this...back off! Some people get injured doing this. It has its risks as well as benefits. I do prefer boots for ankle support when jogging in dirt trails in the woods too.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience guys.
        I ended up buying 2x 4kg ankle weights and 2x 2kg wrist weights. And I had from before 10kg vest. So will try to do exercise with that extra 22kg total.
        Will start with something super light: Vitality program. And will share my experience as often as I can.

Comment

Working...
        X