Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's in your wellness toolkit?

Hi everyone!
    I'm a total lurker but I really get a lot out of reading about other people's experiences and questions, so I thought I'd share something I've been thinking about.

I've been working on a project at work related to wellness, the different aspects that you need to look at to be in good health, and it got me thinking about something that I'm calling a "wellness toolkit" in my head. Not sure if there's already a term for this. I have built over the years a combination of apps, classes and practices that help me maintain and improve my health. I'm curious about what others do.

Here's mine:

Physical Activity
    - Darebee for strength training
    - Pilates class twice a week
    - Zombies Run for cardio
    - Lately, RingFit Adventure on Nintendo Switch
    - Tracking with Fitbit

Sleep Quality
    - Tracking with Fitbit

Nutrition
    - Monthly nutritionist appointment
    - Meal-prep for breakfast and lunch

Stress Management
    - Calm app for meditation
    - Bullet Journaling

Financial Health
    - Spreadsheet on google docs to track my monthly budget

What do you do? Would you add any other dimensions?

I love this idea!!
    These are all super important and useful.
    I would add:

Doggie for emotional wellness🥰😊♥️

Comment

Originally posted by DorothyMH View Post
      Hmm, well, how about kitty? And actually, I have a favourite chicken. Though she did poop on me this morning so that might soon change...! Animals of all kinds are good for the health; they encourage you to exercise, lower your blood pressure when you stroke them, and you can pretend you're not really talking to yourself but to the cat (or dog. Or chicken)!

Comment

That’s an excellent explanation and rationale!!!

Comment

Hi Magenta,

I ended up with something similar to you after casting around a fair bit for a way to, ahem, deal with life.

Every day I like to:

Exercise (of some sort),
          Meditate (or some sort of contemplative practice, which might include tai chi, yoga...)
          Get outside (ideally into a "natural" environment), and
          Have some sort of social interaction (I work from home).

I've also started to (try to) not use devices and the internet before breakfast and after dinner.

Doing something creative is good too. Usually playing the guitar.

(Some of this are more aspirational than actual as daily practices, but, I'm getting there!)

I'm hoping DorothyMH will consider lending Doggie!

Comment

Doggie helps me for the “get outside to nature” part twice a daily whether I need it or not. I sure miss him right now....🥺

Comment

Originally posted by DorothyMH View Post
              I don't have pets, I'm allergic to hair but there's a lot of cute puppies living in my building

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              Have some sort of social interaction (I work from home).
              I forget how important social interaction is. It's one of the main reasons I go to the office. We get to work from home a lot of the time but sometimes I need to talk to other people in the same room.

I've also started to (try to) not use devices and the internet before breakfast and after dinner.
              Same but it's hard! Most of the time I'm not even looking at anything important.

(Some of this are more aspirational than actual as daily practices, but, I'm getting there!)
              This happens to me too. Especially with outdoorsy activities. I''ve been wanting to take on hiking and rock climbing for a long time but I never end up doing it. Going out to nature is a big commitment. The closest I get is taking a walk around my neighborhood when I'm feeling trapped in my apartment. It's nice but not exactly "nature".

Comment

Working...
              X