VO2 Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VO2 Max

How reliable are fitness watches in measuring VO2 Max and other related fitness stats?

Click image for larger version  Name:	22C5CCB4-FDDE-4162-B4CF-7A587B0D8DAC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	273.8 KB ID:	650913

This is from yesterday’s run. How accurate is this value?

Thank you

Answering my own question

https://sites.udel.edu/coe-engex/201...2max-estimate/

Comment

Originally posted by Musical gym View Post
      Great to hear that they're quite accurate - mine reached 56 the other day and I was very happy, but at the same time half-convinced it would be way off...

Comment

Originally posted by bohica View Post

Great to hear that they're quite accurate - mine reached 56 the other day and I was very happy, but at the same time half-convinced it would be way off...
        That’s great! I’m working on improving my VO2.

I’m using Garmin Forerunner 245.

Comment

That’s great! I’m working on improving my VO2.

I’m using Garmin Forerunner 245.
          I'm using a Fenix 5, which has a million features I'll never use!

What are you doing to improve VO2? And are you training for any specific race or event?

Comment

I'm using a Fenix 5, which has a million features I'll never use!

What are you doing to improve VO2? And are you training for any specific race or event?
            lol mine isn’t as advanced as yours, but it serves me well. I still need to know how to make it read my performance when doing ab exercises.

I started running just recently. I’m planning to do 10k in 2 months and 21k in October.

Comment

lol mine isn’t as advanced as yours, but it serves me well. I still need to know how to make it read my performance when doing ab exercises.

I started running just recently. I’m planning to do 10k in 2 months and 21k in October.
              I've never been able to make a Garmin accurately read a strength workout so have stopped trying now.

Running will certainly boost your VO2. Interval sessions make you feel like puking but are well worth it.

Best of luck with the 10km and half-marathon

Comment

I've never been able to make a Garmin accurately read a strength workout so have stopped trying now.

Running will certainly boost your VO2. Interval sessions make you feel like puking but are well worth it.

Best of luck with the 10km and half-marathon
                I’m fiddling around with it. I have created some workouts but still have to test them. I have been busy eating on my birthday lol. Tomorrow morning I’m going for a run, I’ll try to break my previous record 3.2k.

ill check the interval sessions. Thank you for the tip. And good luck to you too

Comment

My VO2 Max has dropped to 42

Any DB special program/plan for increasing VO2 Max?

Comment

bohica How do I do the intervals? 1k full speed x 5? Any suggestion? Thank you

Comment

Musical gym if you're relatively new to it, I'd go for shorter intervals. 1km is quite long for an interval, you're supposed to be able to maintain a high level of effort throughout.

Start with 100m X 10 - really go for it on the 100m then rest for 30sec. Try 200m or 400m with longer rest. It might feel like you're doing less running than 1km X 5 but it should be more effort if you really push it.

Or do Tabata intervals : 20 seconds hard, 10 seconds rest X 8

There's plenty of ideas online but it all comes down to short periods of intense effort followed by rest, then repeat.

Hope this helps

Comment

bohica I’m totally new to running and intervals

thank you so much for your input 👍 I’ll try them next week as on Saturday I have a 8k run. By the way, I ran for 10k last week 💪🏼

This evening I did 3.22k including 1k full power (5ish km/h pace the rest 6ish) my vo2max has increased a bit

Comment

Working...
                        X