Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guibo94
    replied
    Damer thank you for the post and sorry I am late to the party! This resonated with me because I joined Darebee a while back when "Spartacus" was on TV and Daredevil Season 1 had just came on Netflix and I was looking online for an official Spartacus workout that the cast used to prepare for the show. I had not idea that the Darebee Spartacus workout I was doing was not official until I tried searching for other superhero/movie workouts and found my way to the Darebee homepage, haha! Long story short, I really enjoy getting into character when I workout and that is why I love this place so much! Now that I look back, I was unknowingly motivating myself in some of the ways you outline in your post, lol! Now I just need to try it on purpose

Leave a comment:

• Musical gym
    replied
    Originally posted by krpted View Post
    Amirsh yeah I'm 16 so focus on healthy eating you mean just not eating junk food or eating too much in general. Also Musical gym I'm starting Cardio Trim Run, which seemed like a good place to start, do you think I will be able to achieve the desired results with this program plus the intermittent fasting diet?
    A good start indeed!

Most importantly, patience, patience and patience.

Leave a comment:

• krpted
    replied
    Amirsh yeah I'm 16 so focus on healthy eating you mean just not eating junk food or eating too much in general. Also Musical gym I'm starting Cardio Trim Run, which seemed like a good place to start, do you think I will be able to achieve the desired results with this program plus the intermittent fasting diet?

Leave a comment:

• Amirsh
    replied
    yeah, basically what Musical gym said: cardio and weight training. and then there's fitting the nutrition program to what you need more and according to your age. I guess it's if you are under 18, one thing - you shouldn't restrict your diet too much but focus on healthy eating and burning calories. between 18 and lets say 30, another and above 30 I guess, is a third thing.
    There's a page for that
    https://darebee.com/mealplans.html
    and the nutrition section
    https://darebee.com/nutrition.html
    these are pretty good places to start. and you can always ask other more specific questions.

Leave a comment:

• Musical gym
    replied
    krpted what you want to achieve is what I’m currently working on achieving. I have done several programs but then decided to give cardio more focus, I started running in order to burn fat faster. Once I achieve my weight goal, I’ll redo IRONBORN program to build muscles using weights, combined with Abs programs. If you can’t run, do cardio exercises to burn fat. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• krpted
    replied
    Well Amirsh fitness wise I'd say decrease body fat % first and then build muscle, but I have next to no knowledge about muscle building apart from things I've seen on youtube about heavy weights little reps vs light weights more reps or go slower for more tone and strength go faster for something else. I don't have a particular area of my body I want to work on, perhaps my legs since I may have weak hip flexors, glutes and lower back from being in school all day. In terms of fitness I would say I'm nowhere near what I used to be but I can hold myself pretty well but I'm sure my stamina has decreased. Anyways thanks for the program thing I'll use that, see you later

Leave a comment:

• Potato Chip
    replied
    Yes, I am my worse enemy! But, reading this article helps a lot.
    Thank you for the information.

Leave a comment:

• Amirsh
    replied
    Hi krpted . What are you interested in, fitness-wise? is it just getting in shape and staying there, lose fat, build muscles...? If whatever used to motivate you doesn't anymore maybe you can focus on just getting started for now, with anything. If you do have a goal you can use the search bar, or leave another entry here and people can make better suggestions. And of course it depends on your current level of fitness.

Maybe you can look at the "how to pick a program" page: https://darebee.com/pick-a-program.html
    There are a lot of great stuff, some of them combine storylines or role playing.

Leave a comment:

• krpted
    replied
    Trying to get back into fitness and read that article about getting back into training. I used to train 6 days a week 4 hours a day but for about a year I've been to training about 10 times. Problem is for me is that I don't know where to start. Any advice or help? This website is so rich in workouts and training programs that it's hard to find a starting point.

Leave a comment:

• Damer
    replied
    DaphneBombini we are rooting for you. I used to compete in martial arts at a national and international level. You have no idea what fragility and self doubt hides behind every stone-faced athlete who gets 'out there'. The mental games, self-talks, visualization, sports psychologists and hand-holding we need is incredible. None of us (and I am speaking mostly for myself here but my team mates were no different) ever reached a high level of performance and pulled through alone (though the persistent myth of 'iron' will and strength of mind was always too good to bust). So, yeah, I feel what you're saying. We shall try to keep you accountable. Keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• DaphneBombini
    replied
    My goals are performance based:

1 - I like to record audiobooks (I haven't done that in a while, but if you're interested, check out www.librivox.org - they always need voices!), and I hate when my pacing is messed up because of my short breath. (I record audio versions of some documentation at work, so I can tell the difference if I've been moving at all lately or not. More movement = better audio.)

2 - Second is I'm doing my first burlesque show (student showcase) at the end of spring -- I want my flexibility and control to be better in June than it is now. I know my body isn't the same as the others in the class (mostly younger, thinner, taller), but I know that my shape can be great and look great, if I feel I have options, and I'm not just doing XYZ because I can only do XYZ.

3 - I've got some amazing vintage clothes and cosplay elements I can't wear any more! I have tangible evidence that my body was that size/shape, so I know I can get back there.

My motivation problem is my anxiety/depresso response -- I shut down. Zombies after me? I may as well sacrifice myself so my friends can escape. But because I'm also performance/praise focused, I'm hoping posting here will help overcome that -- that people clicking "like" on my check-in threads, and me posting about the show prep will help me stick with things and have crashes last less time.

Leave a comment:

• Musical gym
    replied
    Originally posted by Damer View Post
    Musical gym and truly inspirational. Your approach to facing your fear has another deeply neurobiological logic. I need a fresh post to explain it so, until I do (and link to your comment here) thank you for being inspirational!
    Thank you so much for your kind words Please be assured that Darebee is the reason

I look forward to reading your future interesting posts

Leave a comment:

• Damer
    replied
    Musical gym and truly inspirational. Your approach to facing your fear has another deeply neurobiological logic. I need a fresh post to explain it so, until I do (and link to your comment here) thank you for being inspirational!

Leave a comment:

• Musical gym
    replied
    Damer you're welcome! And than you on the further explanation

From my personal experience, I’d like to add an important point, is that we have to face our fears. I’ve always feared running and thought I’m not fit for it nor am I capable to do it. I started running/jogging just a few days ago, rarely done it in my entire life. Although I have a chronic/permanent injury in my left calf muscle, I was able to run 2k (one go - 5k in total) yesterday. I consider it a big achievement I’m working on a big goal, half marathon run

Leave a comment:

• Damer
    replied
    Musical gym thank you for adding to this thread. Your approach is sound indeed. More than that, one of the ways we manage to maintain our motivation in a task is to actually believe that we can accomplish it, no matter how hard it may be. Consider how video games, for instance, provide a difficult set of skills to acquire, may even require that we acquire new knowledge in order to complete a game but irrespective of how hard a game is, we always feel that we can do it (and it is designed to make us feel capable of completing it), otherwise we'd just give up. Building that confidence is key. It requires us to be realistic in our goals but also ambitious enough to excite us. Your approach falls squarely into this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X