Cardiac Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cardiac Testing

Well Monday will be my annual cardiac testing. I had heart issues way back in 2012. I have been very careful with not overdoing it since and watch what I eat and take the prescribed medications. Last year went well with good results on my testing and no progression of the heart disease. So I am hoping for the same this year. Every day I exercise to keep the disease at bay and stay strong and capable. I really enjoy an active lifestyle and I pray that I will still be active many years from now.

In my prayers, Cowtownbaldie . I can relate

Comment

Cowtownbaldie ... hope it went well.
      I have a total of 5 stents around my heart. three from an incident in 2008, two more from another incident in 2018.
      I say "incident", my doctor says "heart attack". I feel that, both times, I was approaching an "attack" and took heed of the early signs.
      First time around, support seemed fine, but wasn't nearly as thorough as the second time around. Second time around, they put me in a program that had me walking on a treadmill for 45 minutes+ twice a day. Plus similar time doing Yoga and some nutritional talks. And a bit more.
      What "more"? Temps break 80 degrees, or drop below 40 degrees, and I stay inside. Because those temps will exacerbate the condition.
      Just letting you know, you are not alone. And life is not over because of any such issue.

It just gives us incentive to start "living right".

Comment

Well an update...the testing went well. No advancement in the disease...so it is just as it was a year ago, which is good. Also wants to keep an eye on me because of my advancing age and some leaky valves...I will soldier on and keep working out daily and taking my meds and watching my diet. Thanks for the encouragment PetiteSheWolf and DaithiMeyer .

Comment

Working...
        X