Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks darebee

Hi,

This is a quick update. In less than 2 years, I've lost about 10 kg. 2 notches on the belt. Now at 84 kg for 180cm. Have top 2 abs (I know, I know, the bottom ones are in my plate). I've lost fat in my face, arms, and legs. Exercising is now part of my daily routine, and if for some reason I can only do a daily dare during a week of conferences and post conference work, I feel like I'm missing out.

Got back from the doc's yearly check-up: he said the results are very impressive and should allow me to live way better and longer.

Another thing ? I went on a several day hike trip (deemed difficulty 5/5, sports level 4/4, with an average of 900m climb AND descent every day), with friends who are rather sporty, and 10 years younger than I am. First day was harsh, but afterwards, I was always in the first half of the group. Only was sore once, after the last 1600 m descent. That's thanks to you guys.

That badge thing and the daily dares were the incentive to get started. I hope to complete the whole list of programs one day, but one thing at a time.
    Can't thank you enough for the difference you've made in my life.

See you in, say, 4 months, for the 2 year anniversary.

It is always nice to read about someone who has improved his live, thank you for sharing it and congratulation to you

Comment

NONE Because most of us train by ourselves, it can be really rewarding when we are put into a fitness group, and then to see that we are actually in pretty good shape. Not really out of vanity or competition, but just to say to ourselves "that hard work is paying off".

Comment

That's all pretty awesome, NONE. Thank you very much for taking the time to post this.

Comment

He, I'm in better shape than 4 years ago, I have more energy during the day, and I ALSO think faster (yup, sports help the brain, better oxygenation). Which, when you reach 40, is nice. Goal ? 6 pack within a year and a half. I'll post when it happens (would've said "if", but hey... that'd be admitting it might not).

Comment

Working...
          X