How to push yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to push yourself?

Kinda new to all of this. But already an addict!

But i'm struggling with pushing myself in a workout.
    Like, i will go and train, that's fine. I have the drive to kick myself in the butt and get busy.
    But when the heart rate goes up... i'm struggling. I know i can do more... but how do i get myself there?

How do you push yourself a bit further?

(sorry for the spelling errors, englisch isn't my first language)

You did the first step, you started... and now you have to be patient. You do not have to push yourself to the limit every day. In the beginning consistency is the most important part, once you built a habit you can go on an push yourself on some days, then rest actively and recover. Someday you will be able to push yourself for a few days and then recover...
    ​​​​​​

Comment

I agree with HellYeah and want to add that making it fun is the best way to push yourself a bit further because something you enjoy is easier to do than something you don't like doing. If it's a physical struggle rather than a motivation thing then you could modify a workout to make it a little easier to continue with. Putting music on helps me too, something lively and energetic can make it easier to keep on going.

Comment

I have it easiest to push myself when I'm nearing the end of whatever set I'm on. So if the last move is high knees for 30 seconds then I find it easiest to really push myself in that last move because once it's done I have a slight rest before doing the set over again. Or I'll choose 1 of the repeating moves in the workout that I call my "power" move that I push myself for that move

Comment

Working...
        X