Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix The Witcher - Dec 20

Looking forward to seeing the series, read some books and played Witcher 2 on me 360. There's an older TV series from Poland with a DVD version. Not sure what to think of the Netflix Witcher actor, will have to see in the actual series.

Click image for larger version  Name:	witcher_cropped.jpg?itok=zJFmihey.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.8 KB ID:	624520

I wanted the play the game but I never got a console, this game would have been a good enough excuse after I checked a bunch of other games. Eventually I didn't go through with it. I had no idea there were books

Comment

Amirsh I first heard about the Witcher game a very long time ago when they were going to use the Neverwinter Nights engine then cancelled that and did a PC game Witcher 1 but was cancelled for the original Xbox.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hexer_(TV_series)

Comment

I'll keep that show in mind. Thanks

Comment

thinman The Witcher 1 used the Neverwinter Nights engine (it's called Aurora engine). For the layman, it just isn't that obvious. But there's definitely Aurora under the hood.
          I've read the books many many years ago, but never really got into the games, although RPGs are my favourite genre. Maybe it was because the MC wasn't customisable, I don't know.

About the show... I won't watch it. For once, I don't have Netflix and haven't watched a real TV show in years, and I dislike how Netflix treats the fans of the books and the games ("we make our own version, which isn't for the fans of the books or the games, but for a new generation of fans" or something to that effect). That, and the cast has some really odd decisions. But I'm interested if people who come into the Witcher by way of the show try to read the books or play the games, and what they think of them.

Comment

I've read all the books (not all novels) and played all of the games. Iam very curious what they make out of it. I think it is very hard to fullfill all the expectations, but iam looking forward to it. Don't like the casting of Triss but lets see.

Comment

... What SimonB said.

Comment

Working...
              X