Strangest exercise equipment that you own? Or didn't think that you would own?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strangest exercise equipment that you own? Or didn't think that you would own?

I used to be into running big time, meaning I had only need of a pair of running shoes and warm weather clothing for winter time.

I took a few years off of fitness, and now take a holistic approach instead. Doing so has meant that I have a lot more exercise equipment lying around.

I am just curious though, as to what people have that they think would be the strangest or weirdest exercise equipment that they own?

Here are a few of mine:

- Cans of Chef-Boyardee - I read that lifting cans by the lid with two fingers is great for grip strength for climbing. I don't usually do this, but I do have a couple of cans that are with my exercise equipment. Not sure why Chef-Boyardee ... maybe because it is the antithesis of healthiness for me, and I have now trapped some in my workout equipment
    - A bunch of chain - I saw videos of Dwayne Johnson or Brie Larson working out with chain so I grabbed some. Was using it for added weight for planks, before I threw out my back on a rowing machine, and haven't been doing so much on core since then.
    - A polypro katana - Maybe not a surprise for people on this site, but I didn't even know these existed before I started all of this out.
    - A home-made bo staff - I do bo training occasionally and decided to make my own staff instead of buying one.
    - A deck of Harley Quinn playing cards - These are for doing a deck of cards workout. I haven't used them yet, as I was planning on more calisthenics training when I achieved my first major fitness goal (losing 100 pounds ... though to be fair, at the moment I have lost 97). They are Harley Quinn for no real reason, other than I was looking for a deck of Wonder Woman cards, ended up at a comic book store, and had to settle for these.
    - A giant foam die - Haven't used this yet, but I am going to use it for calisthenics, similar to the a deck of cards workout.

I have this thing. It spent the summer at the back of my garden shed. It's a dowel (a bit over one metre in length) with a handle at one end and a wide plastic scoop at the other.
    It's called a "Snow Shovel".
    I work out a lot with it, starting in September some years, and into April or May.
    I live in Canada.
    It makes for a pretty good workout, to be honest.

Comment

Greybeard I am moving out of an apartment and into a house for the first time in a long while, and I am actually keen for a bunch of yardwork to help supplement my exercise. What's with all these guys doing tire flips when they could just shovel a laneway instead?

Comment

Some strange workout equipment for me would be something like DIY weights. I have this thing in my garage, when I was 16 I sewed a bag full of bricks together and put a zip at the top to make a DIY weight system!

Comment

I am thinking of building a "laser obstacle course" (minus the creepy older guy watching) out of yarn once we move out of the apartment and into the house later this month.

Comment

Working...
          X