What exercise movement do you hate doing?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exercise movement do you hate doing?

Hello everyone

While looking through workouts, I noticed Darebee has a large variety of programs/workouts that allow people to find what works for them. I found that I cringe at the programs that contain push-ups and lunges as I find it difficult to do them. Funny enough, the workout I am doing contains both but I am enjoying the challenge.

So my curiosity is if any of you in the hive has an exercise movement or exercise program targeting a certain area of your body that you hate/struggle to do?

Looking forward to reading what you all have to say.

Burpees, lunges, and yoga oh my!
    haha I love yoga but it's definitely a challenge

Comment

Burpees! I like almost everything else, but there is something about the burps that I don't enjoy.

Comment

Burpees. Do a job on my groin. Where I had a (potential) hernia "repaired" in the early 1970s.
        You'd think it would have healed up by now, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by DaithiMeyer View Post
          Where I had a (potential) hernia "repaired" in the early 1970s. You'd think it would have healed up by now, yeah?
          Oww, that sounds very painful. The body is so weird with how it is able to heal some things easily while others take so much longer.

I haven't attempted a burpee yet but I'm guessing from some others responses, it sounds like they aren't much fun. I'm not looking forward to trying them.

Comment

Originally posted by AmazonianRookie View Post

Oww, that sounds very painful. The body is so weird with how it is able to heal some things easily while others take so much longer.

I haven't attempted a burpee yet but I'm guessing from some others responses, it sounds like they aren't much fun. I'm not looking forward to trying them.
            But they are absolutely the best exercise to work up a sweat in fewer than 5 reps, guaranteed!! Plus, they are a huge part of the Turkey challenge during holiday time!😝🥳😎

Comment

Originally posted by DorothyMH View Post

But they are absolutely the best exercise to work up a sweat in fewer than 5 reps, guaranteed!! Plus, they are a huge part of the Turkey challenge during holiday time!😝🥳😎
              Turkey Challenge? I'm guessing that happens around Thanksgiving? Do they do the challenge both for Canadian and USA Thanksgiving?

Comment

I actually kinda like burpees.

Jump squats make me cringe a little. Difficulty aside, I'm always scared of landing wrong with those and hurting myself badly.

Comment

Push ups for sure These days I don't have the passion to work on them anymore.

Not sure about it now, I used to like burpees. It really built up my cardio and endurance, especially mentally. I was aiming for 100 back then when I did 50 in a row. But now bad knee probably won't allow it.

Comment

There's something about Climbers that I hate. Maybe I hate them because my belly is in the way :/

Also, jump squats. They wear my out in no time flat.

Comment

Plank Walkouts I always tend to cut the reps in half for that specific exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by modern_dragon View Post
                        There's something about Climbers that I hate. Maybe I hate them because my belly is in the way :/

Also, jump squats. They wear my out in no time flat.
                        I can understand the feeling of hating clumbers - i was there myself.

Once you do the Everest challenge, you're gonna overcome the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by kandy View Post
                          Push ups for sure These days I don't have the passion to work on them anymore.

Not sure about it now, I used to like burpees. It really built up my cardio and endurance, especially mentally. I was aiming for 100 back then when I did 50 in a row. But now bad knee probably won't allow it.
                          I am your mirror image, on that one.

Pushups were my strength, since i was a kid. It was one exercise that i could challenge any bully at, with confidence.

Burpees is a no go because i wear out by the time i hit 15 reps. I've tried doing the 50 Burpees in a row challenge twice, but had to stop halfway through.

Comment

I am with LtGymaholic on this one: Plank Walkouts, because I cannot touch my toes with straight knees (never could, even as a kid) so that whole affair results in awkward movement. Burpees are a solid number two on my hate list, though.

Comment

Originally posted by LtGymaholic View Post
                              It was one exercise that i could challenge any bully at, with confidence.
                              That is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X