Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower body strength, including Upper and Lower back

what are the best body weight exercises that increase the lower body strength?

Squats.

Advanced: jump squats, jumping lunges, single leg squats.

Glutes: single leg bridges (with hands and arms resting on the stomach so you not getting help from them), side leg raises.

Comment

The basic exercises are these:

as you can see from the image of the muscles the whole leg works.

Comment

Fremen This is pretty classic and I don't get why it's a difficulty 2 instead of 3.

This one is pretty good for the hips even though it's called "Killer Legs":

It can change the way you move if you do it enough.

Comment

kandy I still wonder how this could be a lv 2 workout

when I do this training I die ​​​​​​​

Comment

Ok, thank you Fremen and kandy, I am working out on my upper body, so I can bench 200 lbs (90 kg) but I can only squat a little more than that, so once I can bench that, I need to really work on my lower body.

Comment

I can probably bench 20 and squat 40 I have no clue.

Comment

Well, you can do 50 Push-Ups, which I just barely did, and you also did 50 Burpees, which I can't do, so some of the things you can do is more than what i can do

Comment

IWillGoSuperSaiyan Thanks!
                  I actually can't do those now but I will get back to it

Comment

I think I should keep on trying for that, maybe as part of my cardio days, do at least 50 Burpees for that day.

Comment

does jumping rope help strengthen the thighs, or just the calf's?

Comment

Originally posted by IWillGoSuperSaiyan View Post
                        does jumping rope help strengthen the thighs, or just the calf's?
                        I think jump rope is more on the cardio and endurance side, and I would say it's calves, because there's not much range of motion happening at the knees.

Quads extend the knees, so you need to bend your knees for the quads to work. That's why you do squats, or even deep squats. If it's anything less than a half squat it probably won't work your quads.

Comment

True, true. it's a decent should workout if you do them for long enough to kandy

Comment

Slow moving leg work set to a 10 minute timer for each, don't bother with reps use a timer, going slow makes it more strenuous = strength. side to side lunges with both feet flat and torso upright. deep knee bends, as you squat go onto toes and have your butt touch heels. Bulgarian squats and step back lunges. Remember slow and steady, a timer stops you rushing through it.

Comment

ok, that sounds like a great idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X