X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training barefoot or kicks?

Hi bees! A question.
    who trains barefoot? And who with sneakers?
    what are the benefits?
    i train barefoot tbh

I run with sneakers or when I'm in the little gym at my apartment complex. However, if I'm just at home, I'm barefoot. Honestly, I'd love to try genuinely running barefoot and maybe in a couple months I'll look into getting some minimalist shoes so I can try it out a little.

Comment

I train both ways.

Comment

ArtBoyo vibram shoes are very good . I use them to run at the beach protects your feet from shells and jellyfish !

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious'Saint View Post
          Eh, it depends, really. I usually workout at home, so I go barefoot. However, there are some movements that can be nasty to the feet not because of friction, but impact. I only do plank rotations with shoes because I can feel the hit it puts on my feet.

Right now I don't have sneakers; they are all worn out. So I'm using combat boots instead, and they are heavy. Good to add some challenge to things like Side Leg Raises and Kicks.
          I still stand by it

Comment

Just curious Vicious'Saint , are you talking about these plank rotations? Not a lot of impact there.
            https://darebee.com/exercises/side-plank-rotations.html
            Kudos to doing Side Leg Raises in combat boots.
            To stay on topic:
            I work out with shoes on a 2 cm mat, because my knees are not the freshest and I need them for another 30 years or so.

Comment

Converse High-Tops, mine are old so almost bare-foot
              Click image for larger version

Name:	98328_001_ss_01?$pdp-image$.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	615192

Comment

thinman breakdance-style ! Cool !

Comment

Andi64 No, I'm talking about these ones. The ground on my house is hard, and I don't have a mat.

Comment

Barefoot. But that's cause the shoes I own make my feet numb ... They're super cheap. I'm saving up for really well fitted running shoes so I can take up jogging in the New Year, gonna take awhile to be able to afford them.

I have really bad knees (they haven't hurt since I lost the first 30 pounds, but I know I need to be careful anyway) and I want to run only when I'm properly supported. Also, gonna try and lose another 25 pounds before I start. I figure 70 pounds less will help the joints before I get going seriously.

Comment

Working...
                    X